November 2013 Moms
Options

Csection scar

What does yours look like? Have you shaved over it yet?
BLAD reppin'

Re: Csection scar

• Options
    Mine looks red and a little "pouffy" on my left side (which I think is from carrying such a heavy newborn). But it looks pretty good considering it's only been 4.5 months.

I have yet to wax, sugar or shave with a razor yet. I have used an electric trimmer and it felt funny.......
  • Options
    Mine is also red and puffs out a little. it Used to be purple and has lightened a bit, so that's a good sign. It's actually right above where my hair grows, so no waxing, shaving, etc there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Red kinda puffy line. It itches sometimes. I've shaved over it no problem.
  • Options
    Mine is a thin red line. It is slightly above my hairline, so I haven't had to shave over it. But it is crooked, one side being lower than the other.

• Options
    Mine seems so Much bigger than yours @Smilz4782‌ , if you measured it how many inches across is it? Mine is crooked, pouffy but its hard to the touch, red/white, itchy...I have even shaving it since about. 8 weeks. Also my lower tummy is numb still.
  • Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    Mine is white in the center and a little red on each side but I'm happy. I shaved it the day the doctor took my steri strips off at 2 weeks and everyday since. Was I not suppose to?
  • Options
    Smilz4782 said:
    @Littlemama01‌ it's 5" across. mine is also numb, but weirdly tender, too. I can't wear most of my pants or undies, they sit right on the tender spot.

ok that's the same size as mine I guess.
  • Options
    Ok, mine is still 3D and a purply red. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    Mine is still slightly pink but flat and starting to look more like a wrinkle. My doctor did an excellent job.

• Options
    Mine is red, flat and still has a tingly feeling... and it is crooked but that was to avoid my tattoo!  And yes I have shaved over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    Ok, mine is still 3D and a purply red. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone.
    This is mine.  But only 3D for the last inch or so.  Purply red all the way.
  • Options
    F my scar. I have mentioned it before but I have a vertical incision - I had a ginormous cyst on my ovary and when they did the C they took my ovary out. My scar is super long and purple. I also had staples in for two weeks PP and still have little dots surrounding my scar from those. Those dots are the worst.

• Options
    Karadee1 said:

F my scar. I have mentioned it before but I have a vertical incision - I had a ginormous cyst on my ovary and when they did the C they took my ovary out. My scar is super long and purple. I also had staples in for two weeks PP and still have little dots surrounding my scar from those. Those dots are the worst.

I also had a cyst and an ovary removed but they still cut me horizontally. I'm sorry. :(
    BLAD reppin'

• Options

Karadee1 said:

I also had a cyst and an ovary removed but they still cut me horizontally. I'm sorry. :(
    Sorry you had a cyst/ovary removal! I don't know why they did a vertical incision, I didn't even know until after it was all over.

• Options
    @Karadee1 was it an emergency C/s? Vertical incisions are "faster" so they can get the baby out as fast as possible.

• Options
    @mskatiep it was an unplanned c section, but I don't know if it was classified as emergency. I don't know the difference, if there is one. I mean, I waited in my labor room for a good two hours for an OR to open up, so I wasn't rushed down the room or anything.

The cyst I had was also huge - it was something like 8 inches by 4 inches. Maybe they couldn't have gotten it out the other way - I'm just glad it's gone lol

• Options
    amberrrjadeamberrrjade member
    edited March 2014
    @Karadee1‌ we spoke about the possibility of a vertical but they never did it. 8 inches??? They said mine was bigger than M's head. But I never asked exact size.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    @Karadee1‌ it probably wasn't emergent if you waited 2 hours. In a true emergency they cam get into the OR in minutes. I can't imagine an 8 in cyst! Was it painful?

• Options
    @amberrrjade‌ they asked me if I wanted to see it after they took it out, while I was on the operating table. I politely declined. They ran tests to make sure it wasn't cancerous, it wasn't, so that's when they told me how big it was.

@mskatiep‌ it hurt a lot. I was having pain in my side at 28 weeks, went to the ER twice before they did an MRI and found the cyst. I was on modified bed rest my whole third tri. I switched doctors around this time, I was upset at my OB and how she handled this whole thing. I was miserable, couldn't sleep, couldn't move a lot. I had ultrasounds done every few weeks to make sure the cyst hadn't moved or killed my ovary.

• Options

SJacques7 said:

@Karadee1 was it an emergency C/s? Vertical incisions are "faster" so they can get the baby out as fast as possible.
    I had an emergency csection for my first and still had a horizontal incision. Maybe it depends on the doctor?

It does depend on the doctor and also how emergent the situation is. Within the last year my hospital had a C/S in which there was no time even for anesthesia. They did a vertical incision and the nurses had to hold mom down. It was horrible, some of the nurses are still traumatized by it. The mom was grateful though as baby survived and is thriving!

• Options
    mskatiep said:

SJacques7 said:

I had an emergency csection for my first and still had a horizontal incision. Maybe it depends on the doctor?

It does depend on the doctor and also how emergent the situation is. Within the last year my hospital had a C/S in which there was no time even for anesthesia. They did a vertical incision and the nurses had to hold mom down. It was horrible, some of the nurses are still traumatized by it. The mom was grateful though as baby survived and is thriving!

Oh my fucking god!!!!!!!!
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    @mskatiep oh my god, NO ANESTHESIA? No freaking way. Good lord.

• Options
    @Karadee1

I know! Mom consented to doing it without anesthesia. Although, once they were in the OR they were able to get some drugs into her, but the initial cut was without. They had to revive baby, so it was a damn good thing they went in when they did. This is totally unusual any very very very rarely happens. I didn't mean to scare anyone.

• Options
    mskatiep said:
    @Karadee1

I know! Mom consented to doing it without anesthesia. Although, once they were in the OR they were able to get some drugs into her, but the initial cut was without. They had to revive baby, so it was a damn good thing they went in when they did. This is totally unusual any very very very rarely happens. I didn't mean to scare anyone.
    Nope scarred for life.
    BLAD reppin'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"