C-sections

Normal Fear?

Good evening ladies! I am here simply with a question. DH and I are not TTC #3 quite yet, but I we are talking about it. My boys are now ten months and they are the result of 3 IVF cycles. Up until 35 weeks we were a planned c-section due to baby A being breech, but at 35 weeks we discovered he had flipped and now we were going to attempt a vaginal delivery. The thoughts of a c-section left me with lots of anxiety, but by 35 weeks I had worked through all of the anxiety and came to terms with the method of delivery. I did attempt delivering vaginally, but A was sunny side up and his head was too large for my pelvis (at least that is how it was described to me by my OB). After about 2 hours of pushing it was decided that a c-section was the safest method of delivering both boys.
Now that DH and I are talking about TTC again it is bringing up the fear of attempting a vaginal delivery  and ending up in the same situation as before all over again. The end result is totally worth it, but it has left me fearful of a vaginal delivery and I would rather skip right to the c-section. I plan on talking with my OB about this when I go for my yearly and to discuss taking out the IUD. I was just wondering if it is normal to have this fear or not. 
~TTC since July 2010~
CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
HSG-Clear 
SA:Low Morph 
IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage

Re: Normal Fear?

• Kim22Kim22 member
    Very normal, I wanted nothing to do with a vaginal delivery after my first CS. I have now had 3 CS and loved them all.
  • I am not having any more children, but if I did, I would IMMEDIATELY decide to do a RCS.

The 27 hours of labor were enough for me.  

I went into the whole process with a narrow frame of mind, thinking unmedicated was the only way to try to do things, my oh my, how wrong I was...CS are the sh!t!!

• Loading the player...
  • slwprincessslwprincess member
    edited March 2014
    Kim22 said:

Very normal, I wanted nothing to do with a vaginal delivery after my first CS. I have now had 3 CS and loved them all.

This. If you want more kids, I might consider VBAC otherwise, if you are comfortable with c/s, I personally felt like it was the best choice for me and I would have ended up there regardless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"