Adoption

Weekly Check-in March 17

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - Favorite on-line adoption resource - blog, message board, photo-listing site, general parenting site, etc?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your earliest memory? 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Weekly Check-in March 17

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

PAP - Foster to Adopt

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

Training started this month.  We missed the first class and didn't receive all of our training materials until last Friday.  We have a cultural experience we have to complete in the next 2 weeks and H is shooting down every idea I have suggested.  I have no idea how we are going to complete it in time.   

3.) AR-QOTW - Favorite on-line adoption resource - blog, message board, photo-listing site, general parenting site, etc?

I've been checking out various photo-listing sites.  I know it is early in the process I am just curious to see what we can expect when the time comes. 

First thing I remember was house shopping.  I have no memories of the house I lived in for the first 4+ years of my life, I remember the various houses we visited and the house my parents ultimately purchased. 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?
    Foster to adopt

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!

Very exciting day for us we both just finished our individual interviews and it went good. Next Monday is our home inspection. So we have a week left to finish a few things on our todo list like furniture straps and a few child saftey locks left and last is moving our medicine to a locked box.
    Our SW said tomorrow she is formally announcing us as a upcoming family at her monthly meeting! And by April 18th we will be presented as offically licensed and ready!!!

I use Pinterest a lot and love the bump adoption forum of course!

I remember walking with my nanny to my sisters school to pick her up.
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Loading the player...

IA - China

Waiting on a referral.  China is releasing new referrals next Monday and I can't help but get my hopes up that this is the month. 

China adoption-related Facebook groups have been a great resource!  Lots of good information being shared and I can ask questions of people who've been there.

The day my brother was born.  I don't remember meeting him for the first time, but for whatever reason, I remember my grandmother waking me up from a nap to take me to the hospital.  I was a few months shy of three years old.

Son #1 - September '09
    Son #2 - October '11
    Son #3 - Hoping to adopt from China some time in 2014!

Our adoption journey: Talkin' 'Bout the Next Generation
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? PAP in DIA

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent! Finishing up the paperwork part so we can start home visits.  We did our physicals this morning.. which is the last of the paperwork! So when we get the test results back from that, we can cross that step off and start home visits and the interviews!

3.) AR-QOTW - Favorite on-line adoption resource - blog, message board, photo-listing site, general parenting site, etc? The Bump!

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your earliest memory? Being scared of Chuck E Cheese at my 3rd or 4th birthday party.. LOL!

image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  DIA, I'm a mom.

Seriously ready to throttle my lawyer and my agency.

Baby is 7.5 months old, lawyer filed with court- they docketed it, but need an medical physical on the baby a huge medical history form filled out  and a note from the doctor. None of these things are listed in any list that was given to me by agency or lawyer. So lawyer sent me forms. Typically? You should have these done really soon after placement. I'm annoyed.

I hang out on facebook groups and read the blogs in the open adoption project.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your earliest memory?   I remember getting onto a little yellow-school bus to go to nursery school and my Nanny (grandma) telling me that I'd have a little sister when I came home.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? adoptive mom
    We bought a crib and have paint samples for the walls!
    3.) AR-QOTW - Favorite on-line adoption resource - blog, message board, photo-listing site, general parenting site, etc?Lately I've been drawn to the creating a family website. It focuses on both adoption and infertility.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your earliest memory? I remember having a crush on the neighbor boy and playing in the sandbox - age 3 maybe?
  • 1. DIA or NLR FTA mom
    2. We have class # 4 tonight. We have our photos together and we are half way finished with our family profile. I wish our profile packet wasn't so redundant!
    3. I don't really know of any other TB .
    4. My sister being born. I was 3 1/2.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• 1.) PAP through DIA

2.) We are just waiting.  It's only been about 4 weeks and I have to keep talking myself out of emailing the SW to see if our profile has been shown.  I am sure it hasn't but I just have nothing else to do so I feel like I want to.  

I'm also in the process of looking into breastfeeding LO.  I have reached out to a Lactation Consultant and I am hoping to make an appointment soon. 

3.) Facebook group and the bump. 

4.) Let me preface this with saying that I was a weird child.  I remember walking on the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk and checking each garbage can for Oscar the Grouch.  I never did find him. :( 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • CheleChele member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  Foster parent

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent! Have our first fosters, two sisters. Reunification is still the goal.

3.) AR-QOTW - Favorite on-line adoption resource - blog, message board, photo-listing site, general parenting site, etc? This board or Adoptive Families board.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your earliest memory? Playing tag in my neighborhood, back when you could play outside, lol.

10/27/07
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? Foster to adopt 2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent! We were just certified today. 3.) AR-QOTW - Favorite on-line adoption resource - blog, message board, photo-listing site, general parenting site, etc? Blogs and message boards 4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your earliest memory? Reading with my mom on the stoop.
    I always wanted to be a mom, I just didn't know how I would get there.
  • emcaemca member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  DIA- PAP

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!We are waiting.  We were matched with expectant parents in February.  Baby was due in July.  After a few bumps in the road right after our match, we went to meet the EM in Florida.  All went really, really well and we were happy to be matched and all of us were ready to move forward.  We got home from our trip on a Sunday (2 days after meeting) and the attorney called us to tell us that EM went into preterm labor and the baby did not make it.  It is so incredibly sad and I am having a really hard time.  After dealing with more miscarriages (of my own) than I can count at this point, I am shocked that this happened.  The emotions are so strange.  I am so sad for the expectant parents as well as us.  I was so happy after we met and having that ripped away so quickly hurts so much.  That is now our 2nd failed match.  My hopes are pretty low at this point.  :(

The Bump, Adoptive Families Circle, and I love to read the blogs on Top Mommy Blogs

I have the worst memory of my childhood!  I do remember being really little and my dad carrying me up to bed and throwing me into my bed.  I LOVED it!  I felt like I was on a trampoline!

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"