Military Families
Options

Travis area schools?

We are PCS'ing to Travis this summer. I am getting conflicting reports on schools in the area. Curious if anyone has any info on good elementary schools in the are or even just good places to live? If we decide not to go with a public school we were looking at Vacaville Christian, any info on any schools including that one would be great! Thanks!

Re: Travis area schools?

• Options
    I would suggest looking into the local boards or perhaps find an air force wives page on facebook for local information. Anything I'd suggest would be dated bc I haven't been in CA for 9 years. HTH!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    drjwjdrjwj member
    I think we are PCS'ing to Travis this summer too!  Still waiting on orders though.  I have heard (from google) that the Travis schools are really good.  Are y'all going to live close to base?  I also heard that Fairfield is NOT great but Vacaville is nice.  We are also looking a little further out at places to live in Dixon, Winters, and Davis.  city-data.com has some good data on schools, so do some of the real estate websites.
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for responding ladies!
    We are looking at Vacaville. I have heard the same thing to avoid Fairfield. I know the schools out near Davis are supposed to be good, I am just really hoping to avoid too long of a commute for DH. He has a horrible commute now and it stinks!
    We are still waiting on orders too, ugh! I wish we would get them already!! Thanks for the suggestion on city data, I will have to check that out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"