Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Question about Atlanta, Boston, and toddler suitcase

My DD and 1 are taking a short trip to Atlanta this weekend (flying in Friday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon).  Any suggestions on things to do with an almost 3 year old?  So far we have no plans, so any suggestions would be helpful.

The weekend following we are traveling to Boston/Worcester MA any suggestions for things to do then would also be very helpful (Fri-Mon).

Does anybody have a toddler suitcase?  I was looking at this one from Target but I keep debating if it's worth it or not.  On one hand it would be nice for her to be able to pull her own suitcase around the airport since we are traveling so much this year (unlimited flights on standby with United).  But I also keep thinking that it may just end up being another thing I have to keep track of.  Currently we travel with a carry-on rolling suitcase, a backpack, and a shoulder bag if we need more stuff.

Thanks for your help! 
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about Atlanta, Boston, and toddler suitcase

• Options

I would skip the toddler suitcase all together unless you can rely on your child to pull it the entire time. Perhaps a tiny backpack if you feel that she could do that?

There is a ton to do in Boston downtown. Are you staying in Worcester? That is more of a distance away and I'm not so familiar with things to do there. Let me know and I will dig up a list for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Atlanta has a great zoo!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are staying in a small town near Worcester, but since we are flying in to Boston early Friday morning and flying out late on Monday we plan to spend both Friday and Monday in Boston.  Thanks.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The Boston Children's Museum is pretty awesome if the weather isn't nice enough to be outside.

Duck boats might be fun.

There has to be some fun kids stuff on/around the Common in the spring, but I haven't spent much time in Boston with a toddler, so I'm not a lot of help.

I wouldn't do the toddler suitcase, either, if you can avoid it.  I know my DD would not be reliable to wheel it herself the whole time, and I'd end up having to do it.  Her own backpack for a carry-on with her snacks and books and plane toys is a good idea, though.

Have fun on your trips!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My parents took DD and my nephew to Atlanta last summer. They did the Children's Museum, Aquarium (DD was AMAZED by the huge whale shark) and the zoo. They also did the splash park near Centennial park.
    We will be headed to Cape Cod/Boston this summer. So far we plan on doing the Swan boats and the duck boats (DD likes to read Make way for Ducklings), the aquarium, and it's a toss up between the aquarium, Children's Museum and the Science museum. It would take a big chunk out of your day, but DD loved the whale watches we have done the past 2 summers. Last year she was old enough to really get it and she about came unglued when we saw a mommy whale with her calf. Very cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    ATL Aquarium is REALLY nice. Right next to it is Centennial Park which has "the world of Coke". The zoo is also nice. Their children's museum out here I also heard is good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    We went to Atlanta when my daughter was about 15 months old. She LOVED the Children's Museum. I recommend getting there early before it gets too crowded. DD was a little young for the Aquarium, but at almost 3 years old your little one would probably love it. Skip the World of Coke. It wasn't even interesting for me as an adult. Fernbank Museum of Natural History is awesome, but I'd think about whether your LO is ready for it. Have fun!
  • Options

In January we traveled with DD to Florida and I almost got her her own little carry-on but am glad that I didn't. Instead she took her little backpack and was so proud to carry that around with her toys packed away. But if you were going to go with a carry-on, I would consider the Trunki so she could sit on it. 

I live in-between Worcester and Boston and since the weather will still be cold here I wouldn't necessarily suggest anything outside. We love the Boston Children's Museum and the Aquarium, and there's also the Ecotarium in Worcester.

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Options
    DD LOVES her rolling bag (one of the skip-hop ones).  And it allows her to pack her own stuff in it. It works great for us.  Though I have had to carry it on some portions of parts of our trip, I generally get her to be responsible for it.
    IMG_8355
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"