November 2012 Moms
Options

LO and electronics

kangtinikangtini member
edited March 2014 in November 2012 Moms

Saw this article and wanted to see what you guys thought:

https://abcnews.go.com/WN/kids-electronics-study-shows-kids-spend-hours-day/story?id=9616699

How much time (if any) does your LO spend with electronics (TV, Ipad, phone,et)? 

Re: LO and electronics

• Options
    We watch a half hour of baby Einstein every morning in bed together. I figure we are so active the rest of the day that it's ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options

our TV is always on.  It always has been.  Sammie pays no attention to the TV unless she hears music and she starts dancing.  That being said now she is a little older and I find myself turning it off and turning on music when we are home...

OK I got start our day .. get dressed, head outside, get fresh air... even though I wish I could have a sick day ... pinched something in my back or neck and it just hurts, got no sleep and want her to just play independently all day (wishful thinking)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We watch some baby signing time 2-3 days a week in the afternoon. Occasionally we will watch Disney sing along songs which she mainly just dances to and the occasional toy story viewing but this she mainly dances to the first song and then loses interest. She doesn't like to sit still very much so watching tv usually lasts about 15 minutes. We listen to a lot of music. I am sure when she gets older I will be more strict about her time, but for now we are playing it by ear.
  • Options
    I admit I sometimes try to get A to watch TV in the morning so I can get ready but it almost never works, she doesn't pay attention to it. Our TV is very rarely on during the day and even if it is she doesn't pay attention to it. 

She will sometimes grab my iPad or phone and try to use it, but usually just for a couple of minutes. It's hard to resist the temptation but I hope we can continue to limit her exposure to media as she gets older.
  • Options
    We're an electronic family. The tv is usually on and when it's not we have music going. He only pays attention to it for about 15 minutes if I put his shows on. At this age, I don't really see any harm in it since most of the shows I put on when he's there are educational. If he's not watching it, I don't think it's going bad for him. Now if he was glued to it, then I'd limit it for sure. 

He also plays with the Ipad and loves the Fisher Price apps. He just really loves opening apps and closing them and making them go up and down. As he gets older, I'll start limiting his time but at this point, I don't see the need to. 
    And actually Saturday we had the tv off for a good part of the morning and I asked him if he wanted to watch a show and he told me no. I love that they are understanding (or at least pretending to) what we say :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD doesn't watch too much tv during the day.  At night, we usually watch a dvd or an episode on Netflix.  We cancelled our cable 6 months ago so that naturally helps up to reduce the exposure DD gets.  On weekends, we usually watch a little more.  I'm hoping once it gets nicer outside that we'll watch less.  DD likes iphones, but not apps.  She'll hold it for a minute and then move onto a real toy.

• Options
    I usually watch the news in the morning while I have my coffee,  LO watches Mickey while I get dressed and while I cook dinner.  the rest of the day the TV is off..Ill give her my iphone once in awhile but I put apps on there for her to play.
  • Options
    We are not TV/electronic people.  I'm pretty adamant against LO playing with or focusing on any electronic toys.  No TV, no movies, no computers until he is much much older.  
  • Options
    Before my DD was born if I was in the house the TV was on. Now I have it off for her sake after the few negative things I've read. My DH wants it on when he's home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"