Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Relieving anxiety without medication

Hi all, I'm a FTM with a 2 week old. I usually feel really good in the morning and experience anxiety mainly in the evening - might be tied to the sun going down and the anticipation of the antics of putting the little one to bed. I do get really tired in the afternoon because the little one doesn't sleep well when I set her down during the day so I end up holding and breastfeeding her most of the time. I was wondering if some of you can give me tips on how you relieve your anxiety either by telling yourself something or the routine you've adapted. Thanks!

Re: Relieving anxiety without medication

• Options
    Personally, I take Zoloft. However, I have anxiety/panic disorder, and have been on the medication since I was 19. I'm 32 now.

Exercise is one of the best things you can do, because it releases seratonin. I know you're only 2 weeks post partum, so there's not much you can do. Even just going for a walk outside could help.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Anxiety is no fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    Kaymee said:

Personally, I take Zoloft. However, I have anxiety/panic disorder, and have been on the medication since I was 19. I'm 32 now.

Exercise is one of the best things you can do, because it releases seratonin. I know you're only 2 weeks post partum, so there's not much you can do. Even just going for a walk outside could help.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Anxiety is no fun!

This exactly! I take Zoloft as well. If it doesn't subside, I'd talk to your doctor. PPD is no joke!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"