Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long did you wait after your misacrraige to be intamit

Hi Ladies sorry this might be TMI for some but I know I cant be alone. So I lost my baby 1 1/2 weeks ago naturally at 6 weeks and my bleeding stopped a few days ago. I know the doctor said to wait a week after but I've noticed that even tho my hormones where 61 on Wednesday my libido has been raging!! what pisses me off is my DH wont touch me (He's scared i'll get hurt) but i'm at the point where I cant stand it!! where you like this? how long did you wait??

Re: How long did you wait after your misacrraige to be intamit

• Options
    I think at least two weeks is the norm for recommended wait time, but everyone is different and the most important thing is to listen to your own doctor who is basing the recommendation on your own specific circumstances. That said, I had one night of crazy weird "explicit" dreams about a week after my m/c (so not typical for me) which made it hard to abstain, but I was nervous it was too soon (my doc said two weeks). When the two weeks were up, I was less in the mood and more nervous so I waited longer. I think if DH agrees and it's before the recommended time, I would suggest at least using a condom to reduce the chance of infection (again, what my doc said to me after I told him about the dreams). Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Options
    We waited 2 weeks and used confirms for the first month, as per OB's rec. I was pretty much dying to get busy ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB suggests waiting at least a week after bleeding stops to have sex.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I had a d&c and my doc said to wait at least 2 weeks to prevent infection. We waited about 2.5 weeks. What I didn't expect was how I would feel. For some reason, sex for the first time since we lost our baby was just sort of weird to me. We didn't use any protection (which my doc cleared) and I don't know if that was in my head or if knowing that the last time we had sex, I had a little life growing inside me (or not since I guess the baby stopped growing almost two weeks before I found out) but it just felt weird. Not necessarily happy or sad or good or bad, just different and strange. Anyone else experience that?
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    About two weeks for my first MC and will probably wait the same amount if time this go around. Still super bummed and not really in the mood.
  • Options
    ASRDHASRDH member
    I agree with the crazy dreams and libido about a week after. We waited another week and I ended up with quite a bit of pain. From what I read the cervix can still be slightly opened and cause uncomfortable sex
    We waited another week and I did not have any problems.
  • Options
    Ugh...DH wishes this is my problem! I am a month and a half out from D&C. I dont want it AT ALL. I havent been in the best of moods, been pretty depressed although it is getting better. At the same time I feel like sex reminds me of babies and then i just get even more obsessed. I know I am being silly. I need to get over it and try to get things back to normal for me and DH.

Am I the only one???

You should probably wait at least another week. BUT at least you dont have my problem!!
  • Options
    You're not the only one, Maxsmommy123112, luckily my DH didn't pressure me and was really patient, but I feel really guilty for not wanting it at all for a REALLY long time. I think until we know whether we want to TTC and how, it just complicates how we/I look at or approach it.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Options
    @gabbagal My DH has been very supportive as well. Im right there with you as far as the guilt. I feel like a bad wife even though, like I said, that seems so silly. We arent trying to conceive anytime soon either so Im sure that has something to do with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"