LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In

What are your thoughts? Concerns? Where are you in your journey? How are things going? 

QOTW: How will you celebrate (if at all) St. Patrick's day? 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
  • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
  • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
  • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
  • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
  • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
  • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
  • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
  • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

Re: TTC Check-In

• Options
    This will likely be my last check in for a while. I'm going to take a break from TB while DW and I determine what our next step is. I will, of course, continue to lurk because I want to keep tabs on all of you, but I won't have anything to contribute since we aren't going to be trying for at least two cycles. Once we decide what to do, I'll update. 

Sending best wishes to you all!

QOTW: I won't be celebrating, but I'll be praying that people aren't stupid enough to drink and drive while my wife and her crew are on duty today and all night. I hate when she works on these kind of holidays. Thankfully she works in a community that is mostly old people :D

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

Good morning!  I'd been temping for a while and came to the conclusion that I just wasn't going to ovulate this month (gave up on CD 20 since I usually O on 17 or 18).  Then my boobs started hurting this weekend so I temped this morning annnnnnnd it's high so I guess I'll have my period on March 27th or 28th.  Still trying to decide if I want to give it a go this cycle.  I have a lot going on next month and I worry the stress will influence my TTC efforts... but then again, I really, really want to try and it makes me sad to think of waiting another month.  I think I'm going to talk to the doctor and try to get an approximate timeline from her on all this.

Gonna keep eating well and exercising so I can get my body healthy for TTC.  If I decide to give it a go this cycle I'll do low carb between CD 1 and IUI day.  High protein = good eggs, from my understanding ;)

Anyway... With you and @StacyLH24 taking a break I'm wondering who all is left TTC?  I would take over the TTC threads for you folks but I'm afraid I won't be consistent enough since I visit this board one or two times a week... Sorry you are leaving but I understand.  It's good to take your focus off TTC once in a while.

One last note: C's MRI came back clear :) I was really preoccupied with her test results so I was thinking less about TTC and more about her health.  I'm glad she's okay.  Now I have time to think about TTC so... I guess I'll just give it some thought as I wait for AF.

QOTW: I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I'm not Irish, and neither is C.  I'm of German and French descent (I definitely celebrate Oktoberfest!!!) and C is of Polish descent.  But did you know there are more people of Irish descent living in the US than there are in Ireland?  I thought that was interesting.  Anyway, I may pop open a Guiness with my dinner tonight but that's about it for me!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    rkborkbo member
    I had my CD13 ultrasound this morning and found that there are 3 follies. They are 14.5, 19.5 & 21. My first two inseminations were done on cycle days 16 & 17, so I am definitely early this month. I should get the call this afternoon that I need to trigger tonight, and they will do insems tomorrow and Wednesday. 

QOTW: We don't celebrate St. Patty's day. I didn't even wear any green today. I didn't realize it was today until I went to a local bagel shop to get breakfast and they dyed the bagels green. :) 
  • Options

I'm CD9 today, and I'm very proud of myself for having to look that up on FF instead of knowing it off the top of my head.

My plan this month is to try really hard to be way more chill and less hopeful. I think I'm doing a good job so far. We'll see if I can keep it up after this month's IUI.

QOTW: I'm wearing green today, but I already like wearing green so it's not a big deal. I think maybe I'll try to convince my wife to stop and get some guiness or smythicks on our way home from work today. I'm hoping yesterday was the majority of the celebration in my hood and that I won't have to worry about hearing rowdy college students tonight.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options
    Well Sarah has her HSG tomorrow morning at 10:15. Feeling very nervous about this. We will see how that goes and hopefully next month we will be back at it!

St. Patricks day is being spend teaching music. We are doing St. p day things though. Listened to bagpipes, learned a few little songs about Irishman and leprechauns, watched some river dance and listened to the group Celtic women. This evening I'm giving voice and piano lessons until 9 if the weather cooperates!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    Hello all! It doesn't look like C has chimed in yet so I'll do our update. We are waiting for C to get the ol' surge and we will hopefully do our next IUI on Thursday or Friday...we are excited to be back in the game!

QOTW: We are not big St. Patrick Day celebrators. We don't really do the bar scene and we don't really drink so we'll be business as usual today! C and I are both working today and tonight I'm sure we will be going to the gym and making dinner...same old same!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Hey guys,

Today is our first IUI after our miscarriage in Jan. We were very fortunate to be able to try again so soon. We love our new RE and he also happens to be much more convenient to get to from both home and work which as you all know, makes life a lot easier. This is our first cycle using Clomid and DW has a nice 20mm follie yesterday so were told to trigger at midnight last night. 

So happy to be trying again, its been a rough couple months. Best of luck to all those TTC!
    - - - 
    Me: 37  DW: 39 (carrier)
    Together 11 years ~ Married 4 years
    IUI #1 - Dec 2013 - Natural cycle, monitored, Ovidrel w/ one 19mm follicle on CD15, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm - BFP on 1/1/14 - natural mc on 1/31
    IUI #2 - March 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 22mm follicle on CD11, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD12-13... BFN
    IUI #3 - April 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 24mm follicle on CD13, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD14-15... BFP on 5/1/14 ... EDD: 1/10/15

• Options
    K peed on an opk and it went flashing so now she thinks she ovulated twice this month. No Irish doings this year. Still bummed we cancelled our NYE Ireland trip so being low key. Maybe at the end of this year we will go with a wee one in tow.
    Kerri & Kass
    Together since Nov 2010
    TTC#1 3/12/14

• Options
    @twobrooklynmoms‌ I am so glad you all are back on the game! Our losses were around the same time, and it looks like we are going to be pretty close on our cycles again. Best of luck to you and hope everything works out for everyone in their TWW.

AFM, still just waiting for the stick to get dark. Things are looking good... Temps are normal... And OPKs are starting to register a little bit.

It has been a roller coaster couple of days. I am so glad to be back in the game after our loss... But wish we didn't have to be. We are just trying to stay positive and hope for the best!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    Today is day 14 of TWW. BFN by FRER this morning. It made me more sad than I expected. Starting to have a lot of thoughts about what if this doesn't ever work out for us. Of course it is very early in the process to be getting so gloomy, but that's where my head went. 

@GoaliesWife123 and @StacyLH24, you will be missed. Wishing the best for you. 

Really hoping to read about some BFPs from this TTC group soon. 
     TTC at age 37
    Feb '14: Unmedicated IUI=BFN
    March '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    April '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    May '14: Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium+IUI=BFN
    June '14: Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Aug '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium +IUIx2=BFN
    Oct '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Nov '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel +IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards