Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

HELP! EBF needing to pump for vacation.

I've been trying desperately to pump ten (10) 6-7 oz bottles to freeze for when DH and I leave bub with my mom for two days at the end of this month. So far... one 3.5 oz bag. I'm going crazy! We had a larger stockpile... long story short, MIL dove into the freezer while babysitting on a date night.  

Right now, he nurses 5-7 times a day (we were down to a good routine of 5 feedings, but between teething and the 6 month growth spurt...). I also pump at night so DH can give him his bedtime bottle. But whenever I try and pump after a feeding, I get nothing. Like, not even 1/2 an ounce. 

Are there any moms out there who have tips for how to get this done? I feel like I'm looking at an impossible task! I've tried lactation cookies to boost my supply, and the first couple times I tried them it seemed to help but not so much anymore. And with 11 days to go, I feel like this isn't gonna happen and it's stressing me out :( 

Re: HELP! EBF needing to pump for vacation.

• Options
    ILoveBoysILoveBoys member
    edited March 2014
    You should try to wait a few hours after your last nighttime feeding and then pump. I did this with my 2nd to save for a trip.  Don't do it right after your baby eats, as most of the time you won't get anything, because the baby ate it all. :)              
         Are you opposed to your LO getting formula if you don't pump enough extra? It might be worth your sanity just to decide to do that.

Good luck!

Edited bc words are hard.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get a lot first thing in the am. I will give him whatever side is less full for breakfast and when he's done I pump both sides. I can get a good 5 oz from the full breast and another 2-3oz from the other side this way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pump first thing in the morning and get the most I'll get all day... I agree with pp about waiting a while after feeding to pump, that will help. Also, I've found when I stress about my supply and what I need I don't get as much, so relax and hopefully things work out for you!! Enjoy your vacation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"