Parenting after 35

Back to work I go!

Well I know I shouldn't complain because I was able to spend the last almost 4 months at home with my 2 little munchkins and some people only get 6 weeks.  Tomorrow is my first day back and I am dreading it.  I know it will be fine once we get back into the swing of things but it makes me sad having to leave them.  Our area is due for yet more snow and I work in a school so I can only hope we have a delayed opening so I can ease into the 1st day back.  For those that get to stay home I envy you right now. 

Sorry just needed to whine for a moment.  Oh but it is my High Holy day, St. Paddy's day is like Christmas to me so at least I have that!  Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patrick's day tomorrow :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Back to work I go!

• Aw, I'm glad I checked the board tonight. I hope you have a great first day back! Not a day goes by that I don't feel thankful for the opportunity to stay home. I definitely know how lucky I am. It would just kill me to leave my baby. Big hugs your way and Happy St Patrick's Day tomorrow!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Hope your first day back is going well.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • How was your day Geeps?
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Well it wasn't horrible but I am going to have trouble with the little man because he is refusing to take a bottle.  Luckily I work in the town that I live in and I have a flexible schedule for the most part so I was able to run home and feed him and run back to work but there are going to be days when that is not an option due to meetings and such.  I went to the store tonight and bought a sippy cup kind of bottle that still has a nipple on it but not a traditional one.  I pumped a little and tested it out on him and he did take it so I think if tomorrow he is offered the bottle before he is super hungry it may go a little bit better.  Other than that it wasn't too bad. 

Thanks for your kind words ladies ;)  Hope you all are well!

• What kind of bottles do you have?
  • I mainly use comotomo bottles but also have medela bottles for my breast pump.  He is not a fan of any of them.  He also isn't a big binkey user either so I think it is just a fake nipple all together that he hates.  The new bottle didn't work he refuses to take it.  This is stressful.

• lizziebooperlizziebooper member
    edited March 2014
    Not sure how old your little man is but what if you skip the bottle and go straight to a sippy cup or the kind with a straw.

Edited to say never mind I re-read your original post and see that he is still a bitty little baby.

imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Lizzie- yeah he is soon to be 4 months but I appreciate your input.  I was so desperate today I had my mom try one of my daughter's sippy cups that has a plastic lid with 4 holes in the spout and gently pour little bits at a time in his mouth and even that didn't help.  He is stubborn, I'll give him that!!!

• I got the Lansinoh momma bottles because they were supposed to be good for breastfed babies. You can get them at some Walmart stores. Maybe give them a try?
  • Did he do better the past couple of days?
  • Thanks Guennie.  I put my Mom on it while I was at work today.  I found out BBRU carry them and had all intentions of going to get them after work today.  After reading a ton last night I decided to pump a little this morning (I was giving him frozen BM) and also changed up the bottle and low and behold my MIL txtd me at work to let me know he drank the whole thing.  He had to be lying down on the couch, not being held.  He played with the nipple a bit and then decided to drink about a half ounce and then fell asleep.  Woke up and finished the rest.  THANK GOD!!!!

Oh but I still was planning on picking up the Momma bottles and some of the bottles he did drink from today.  Problem is I came down with the stomach virus that has been going around work.  I have only been back 3 days!!!!!  Oh and it's my wedding anniversary today so it really sucks.  At least he took a bottle today so there is that! 

Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it!

• Oh man, I'm sorry you're sick on your anniversary. :( Boo. I sure hope it doesn't last long.

Glad he finally took a bottle, sometimes it just takes some persistence. I do still recommend the momma bottles, my daughter loves them and so do I. If you get them I would make sure you have the Avent bottle brush as it's easier and does a better job cleaning them than the typical munchkin type brush.

Feel better!
  • Hope you survived you first week back enjoy your weekend!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  Well I did survive my fist week.  Had to take off on Thursday because I was still running a fever and felt like garbage but all in all not bad.

Guennie- Thanks so much for the bottle suggestion.  I went to the store yesterday after work and bought 1 of the Momma bottles to see if he would take it and tried it out this morning.  He was pissed at first but did take it.  Lets hope we can keep the momentum going. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Oh good! Those bottles work really well for a lot of bf babies because they like the shape and the nipple texture is different. I hope you continue to have success!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"