December 2011 Moms
Options

Potty training

It's been a few months since we discussed this and most people said they were waiting until after 2. I am curious about what everyone has done or is planning in regards to potty training. We did the 3 day method and so far it doesn't seem to have clicked. We are on day 8 of no diapers. She has not once told me she has to go potty nor has she initiated going to the potty. If I take her every hr then she stays dry. If I back off for a second then she has an accident and still thinks she gets an M&M for peeing on the floor. I don't know what to do.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
#1 born December 2011
TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
#2 born May 2013
TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
#3 born August 2015 
#4!!!!!!! due June 2017 

Re: Potty training

• Options

It's been a few months since we discussed this and most people said they were waiting until after 2. I am curious about what everyone has done or is planning in regards to potty training. We did the 3 day method and so far it doesn't seem to have clicked. We are on day 8 of no diapers. She has not once told me she has to go potty nor has she initiated going to the potty. If I take her every hr then she stays dry. If I back off for a second then she has an accident and still thinks she gets an M&M for peeing on the floor. I don't know what to do.

DS is completely potty trained, even at night, but it def took more than 3 days! Lol I didn't trust the 3 days especially since he had to go to daycare all day Monday through Friday. I started taking him every 45 min, then 1 hour, ect. It took him a few months until he actually told me when he had to go. It just all of a sudden clicked one day and he hasn't stopped telling me since. He was staying dry for about 2 hours before that but like you said if I didn't take him, he would pee his pants. Keep at it!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @buddrfly421‌ Thanks! I just reread the book and it said at least 3 wks of taking them at regular intervals. I guess we will keep on trucking.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I want to start so bad. DS is telling us he went to the bathroom but only after he went. He did poop on the potty once but I don't think he got it. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We put him on before bath every night and he goes pee about 75% of the time and then any other time he asks to go or when it seems like he has to. He has a sticker book he gets a sticker in for going and he gets an m&m so he's all about that.

They sit him on the potty at daycare each diaper change but he's yet to go there.

I'm not really pushing it or worried about it though. He's still in a diaper and figure we'll just take his cues on it for the time being. He just seems to do better that way.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have been working on it, but she is nowhere near potty trained. If I don't ask her if she has to go or bring her to the bathroom every 30 mins, she goes on the floor. She rarely initiates going herself. She never wants to stop playing to go.
    I know it's partially my fault she's not better though. I get distracted with the baby and lose track of time. I am also so tired of hanging out in my bathroom. Haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    He is just not into it. He's never peed or pooped on the potty. He's just now starting to tell us when he has a poopy diaper. On the weekends I keep asking him if he wants to sit on the potty etc, and he never does.  Even when I can get him to sit on it, he just wants to get up immediately.  I'm trying not to push the issue too hard right now.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    Still not on our radar really. I got a potty seat and potty chair but I keep hearing from people and the mommy and me class the teacher said when they are truly ready it should click fast. She also said for boys the average age is 35 months that they are potty trained, girls are earlier. We are reading a potty book every day and he loves it if you want to get it too, got it on amazon, it's only $4 right now! I love the author and will get more books by her, he also loves her Falala Christmas book.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Still not on our radar really. I got a potty seat and potty chair but I keep hearing from people and the mommy and me class the teacher said when they are truly ready it should click fast. She also said for boys the average age is 35 months that they are potty trained, girls are earlier. We are reading a potty book every day and he loves it if you want to get it too, got it on amazon, it's only $4 right now! I love the author and will get more books by her, he also loves her Falala Christmas book.

We have that book! She loves it.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

We have that book! She loves it.
    We have that book too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have that one too :) DS really likes it, he helped him learn the term potty and undies, got him interested... hopefully it'll help things click more as we get further along!
    Funny you say that, DS is still a kid of few words but always says "UNDIES" at the end lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We have that one too :) DS really likes it, he helped him learn the term potty and undies, got him interested... hopefully it'll help things click more as we get further along!
    Funny you say that, DS is still a kid of few words but always says "UNDIES" at the end lol
    We have that book too! DS1 was a late talker but some of the first words that he said consistently were "hooray" and "undies" as a result of us reading that book every.single.time. we put him on the toilet. He still refuses to "go" on the potty, though.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD didn't really have a lot of interest but I can tell when she needs to poop (starts squatting and gets a far away look) so I would grab her and take her to the potty. Last weekend she decided she wanted to pee on the potty all weekend, except for at the zoo. She's still pretty interested and will tell me about half the time that she needs to go. We are going to pick up some undies and "supplies this weekend and see how it goes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jen4033Jen4033 member
    edited March 2014

Colton is very stubborn about it, but has has gone in the potty chair. Just last week I made this board to try & raise his excitement over it. He has gotten 3 stickers in the last week. We have really only been able to get him to go consistently before his bath at night. (We still do every other night baths here.) He is FAR too moody/crabby in the mornings for me to even suggest it. I'm lucky I can get him out of bed & dressed to go to day care.

We're switching over to pull up diapers only now. I'm hoping his excitement grows more as a couple other kids at day care are training too. Once he gets more consistent with actually going on it, I'll probably try creating a new board that includes. "I washed my hands!" and "I flushed!" and "I pulled down my own pants!"

edit: pic too big

My 2 December boys

• Options
    edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"