1st Trimester

What's the strangest thing you've had an aversion to in this pregnancy?

I had an aversion to water...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's the strangest thing you've had an aversion to in this pregnancy?

• Everything. Literally everything tasted like mud or chemicals. For an entire month, the only thing I could choke down was cantaloupe and plain white rice. And even then, I felt like I was eating dirt.
  • Ugh. Hope that gets better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing so far, but we had pizza for dinner & I feel like I'm gonna hurl

BabyFruit Ticker

• When I had food aversion it was towards meat. Steak in particular. All I could think about was the steak my husband had just made with garlic. It was good at the time, but bad news for a while

It's a BOY

• Coffee for sure. Before pregnancy I couldn't get enough coffee and would have several cups a day. Now I can't even stand the smell. I miss my warm cup of coffee in the morning :( 
  • I had an aversion to water in my last pregnancy.  I could only drink Dasani.  Not just bottled water- ONLY Dasani.  

This time it's meat. Chicken, beef, fish, pork- all of it.  Ugh.
  • Peanut butter, which I usually love. The mere thought of it makes me want to gag.
    Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm finally starting to be okay with eating chocolate again. For a while the smell made me gag. I have cocoa butter lotion, but I still can't use it very often because it smells so nasty to me. Which is really weird because normally I ADORE chocolate.
  • Red wine and my super-mild Facewash, Cetaphil, make me want to hurl. I had to switch cleansers! Also soup.
  • Pizza, chocolate, red meat, toast-but untoasted bread is fine, eggs, avocado, pasta... I'm basically a miserable pregnant person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • coffee for sure and onions. raw onions are especially nauseating, but even caramelised onions sound sweet and puky.

on the other hand, i can't get enough fruit and baked goods.
  • Last time I couldn't stand vegetables for most of first tri. Kale and leafy greens, especially. My roommate was making Indian food one day and the smell of kale and tumeric made me puke.
    Really hoping this time is different.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • can't do baked good, especially cookies. typing that made me sick.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

• So far I have had an aversion to meat in general and a craving for fruits and vegetables, especially avacado and apples. The thought of cheese is making me gag right now which is not normally the case!
  • My husband's toothpaste. 

We had to buy me a whole different kind of toothpaste. That's why there is now "his and hers" toothpastes in our bathroom. Lol

imageimage
  • All meat aside from steak (chicken especially!), eggs, salad (but veggies & dip are fine), mexican food and my gummy prenatals. I had to switch back to my pill form until my aversion to the gummies go away.

I've been living off of snacks. yogurt, applesauce, string cheese, nuts, nutrition shakes and rice are my go to foods.

On a plus side, my morning sickness is not nearly as bad as it was before. I might be nearing the end!! *knock on wood*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is Chipoltle! the smell, the idea...its horrible!! I have morning sickness pretty bad but that is enough to make me sick just thinking of it!

1ST BABY GIRL BORN OCTOBER 22, 2014

STM DUE MAY 16 2016!!

• I had a very hard time drinking water for the first 3 months.
  • Ditto on the coffee. I couldn't smell it, think about it, or go in the cabinet where it is stored. This from the girl that used to bring back pounds of Dunkin Donuts coffee in her luggage every time she went to the east coast
  • Coffee and Bacon are the big ones for me. Two things I loved before getting pregnant. Now DH is banned from cooking bacon in the house because I find even the smell revolting

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mine is the deli section at the grocery store. the smell of it makes me gag!
  • these gluten free pretzels I used to inhale... now the thought of them makes me want to puke. Also almond butter, which I was craving just 2 weeks ago.  :( I also was craving fajitas like crazy but after eating them, the thought of them makes me sick too almost a full week later :(  I'm craving roast beef though, like the real stuff not deli-meat, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. NO not at the same time... yet. lol
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husbands deodorant. He took a shower one night, put some on and got into bed. I nearly hurled. He had to take another shower just to get rid of the smell. Chicken has been another big one. I can eat it in soup, but nothing else. The idea of a nice piece of chicken for dinner, forget it, just thinking about it makes me gag. Tap water also is a no no for me. Something about it just feels gritty going down, even though nothing has changed. Strictly bottled water for a while I guess.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Salad yesterday! :(  I love having salads for lunch but yesterday I couldn't get one bite down...hoping I can eat them again soon!
  • Early in 1st tri when my m/s was at its worst, it was cigarette smoke, the smell of dog food, crackers and water. All I could stomach was diet pop.

I'm still having an adversion to crackers, specifically Ritz ones. Gross, get them away from me.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• my worst aversion is red meat. Also I cannot even think about onions or garlic. Oh and toothpaste...I'm using kids toothpaste its easier to handle. Its amazing how the senses change so much during pregnancy....
    JazmoBee 
  • chicken.................ew
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• kbsatre said:

My husband's toothpaste. 

We had to buy me a whole different kind of toothpaste. That's why there is now "his and hers" toothpastes in our bathroom. Lol
    I cannot stand the smell of DH's body wash now. I made him go out and buy a new kind, and I still don't like it but at least it doesn't make me gag. When he comes home from work all greasy & sweaty and smelling like a mixture of that and submarine, I want to bottle that smell and keep it forever.

TLDR; my husband stinks when he is clean and smells heavenly when he is a dirty mess.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Pizza and the smell of cooked peppers. Barrrfff I ate pizza because I was starving and my in laws bought it but I was so sick. Then on the plane they served omelet egg with peppers the smell was everywhere and was so ill with no where to go!
  • Orange juice and definitely coffee. ...reading this thread with everyone else's aversions is actually making me a little queasy too...
    Married 07/2006, TTC since 2010
    08/2011: Clomid 50mg, IUI --> BFN  ,
    10/2011: Clomid 100mg, IUI --> BFN

04/13: Clomid, IUI BFP --> MC at 6w1d
    05/13: Femara 2.5mg, IUI --> BFN  , 08/13: Femara 2.5mg --> BFN
    03/14: Femara 5mg, IUI --> 1 follicle @ 27d --> BFP! EDD 12/02/14--> blighted ovum, missed MC 6w6d --> D&C
    4/23: D&C...starting over again, with a little part of my heart broken off
    5/31: Femara 7.5mg --> cancelled cycle, no follies
    7/14: Femara 5mg + brevelle + menopur + IUI --> converted to IVF, ER 7/28 --> ET cancelled due to severe OHSS.
    9/20/14:  Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP--> EDD 6/6/15 --> MC at 5w3d 

10/16/14: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFN
    2/6/15: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP --> MC at 5w4d
    3/20/16: PGS-tested Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP, Living Child born 12/1/15
    6/6/17: Fresh IVF Cycle --> Severe OHSS, 5 PGS-tested embryos frozen
    2/23/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
    3/30/18: Cancelled cycle due to lining 4.2mm
    6/21/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
  • MaymkMaymk member
    everything!  meat is the worst.  the only thing that I can eat without gagging is pickles.  vinegar is still alright, but now my tongue feels raw from eating so much of it haha...i'm just so hungry!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The smell of my new couch that we've had since the beginning of the year.  It still makes my stomach turn and I can't even truly enjoy sitting in my living room anymore.  I've tried everything to change the smell too from candles to febreeze to perfume.  Nothing makes it go away :[

As far as food goes, sodas make me pretty queasy when i think about them.  Which is a good thing right?  
    Me- 23; DH- 29
    Started dating Oct. 2008; Married Sept. 2013
    TTC since Sept. 2013
    BFP 11/25/13 EDD 08/04/14
    MC 12/13/13 @ 5 wks 2 days
    BFP 02/11/14 EDD 10/24/14

“When everything seems to be going against you,
    remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
  • I hate laughing at everyone's pain... but this thread is hilarious!   It's funny how the most benign things can gross us out.

As for me....   I couldn't fathom eating scrambled eggs the other day.  But then I went to a fresh fish market by the sea.  Everything was on display resting on ice....  Octopus, squid, mussels, prawns, crab legs, big raw slabs of every kind of fish.  It all looked and smelled amazing!  Tell me that's not insane... 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• I hate laughing at everyone's pain... but this thread is hilarious!   It's funny how the most benign things can gross us out.

As for me....   I couldn't fathom eating scrambled eggs the other day.  But then I went to a fresh fish market by the sea.  Everything was on display resting on ice....  Octopus, squid, mussels, prawns, crab legs, big raw slabs of every kind of fish.  It all looked and smelled amazing!  Tell me that's not insane... 

Fresh fish is always amazing.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Much like everyone else, coffee, which I also loved pre-pregnancy. Also anything fried and any leafy greens.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ice cream... who doesn't like ice cream.. before I was pregnant it was my favorite.. yesterday I took two bites and through the rest away
  • For me it's coffee and I used to loooove coffee, especially Dunkin iced. Now it makes me nautious thinking about it ugh
  • The smell of cigarette smoke was the worst, but actually any smell during the first few weeks of my first trimester was unbearable.

• Sweets!  I struggle with everything and anything sweet.  It makes a nasty after taste that leaves me wanting to vomit.  I have found strong mints to help! 

• For me, it's anything fermented or vinegary. I had brought a salad to work that had olives on it and found myself retching in the bathroom afterwards. I used to love curry, now I don't like it at all. Also, the deli aisle at the grocery store. Meat has always been pretty gross to me, but the smell of raw meat is unbearable now. Yet strangely, I have been having dreams about eating cheeseburgers? I take it as a hint to get more iron in the next day.

Getting my greens in has been a challenge. I've been sneaking them into smoothies, pasta sauces, and stir fries, because as a vegan, I need to get that iron and calcium they provide! All I seem to want is bland food, fruit and nuts and OJ.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"