Adoption

Update-Home study was supposed to be today

Cst2CstBrideCst2CstBride member
edited March 2014 in Adoption
And the SW was a no show. We confirmed by e-mail, made arrangements for a play date for our excitable dogs (she said this was fine), scrubbed the house and mentally prepared. And she didn't show. She's now 2 hours late with no call or e-mail. I'm not thrilled.

Update: she e-mailed this morning and said that she had written it on her calendar for next weekend. She was very apologetic and is coming this afternoon.

Re: Update-Home study was supposed to be today

• IhopeIhope member
    omg, is there any way you can reach her? Cell number?
  • Cst2CstBrideCst2CstBride member
    edited March 2014
    Nope. We've only communicated by e-mail and she never gave it. She is a contract employee and only does home visits for the agency. So, no agency contact info either. If I don't hear from her this weekend I'll call the agency sw on Monday.

She also lives 1.5 hours away so she can't just pop over if she remembers. Boo
  • Loading the player...
  • That is not cool. There had better be an emergency that kept her from getting there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Unacceptable without a very good excuse.

I would be discussing this Monday morning with the agency demanding a different sw. If they are willing to ignore this, what else will they ignore in the future?
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Still no word. We scheduled pretty far in advance and pushed it out 2 weeks, but she confirmed the new date by e-mail and she picked the time. She already did our individual interviews so I'd hate to start all over. I'll see what she and the agency say.

FWIW, we are using an attorney program (comprehensive with BM services) and just hired this agency to do the home study. So I'm not worried about the rest of the adoption process with them. So far this is the only part that hasn't been smooth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"