January 2013 Moms
Options

Sunscreen

So now that warmer weather is finally starting to show her face, I was wondering what kind of sunscreen do you put on your LO? I plan on being outside with my DD as much as possible before Missouri's lovely 100 degree days along with 100% humidity show up. FTM so I'm not sure if one kind is better than the others. (ie: no harsh chemicals, etc)

Re: Sunscreen

• Options
    There are some pretty good websites out there that list which ones are good. If I remember correctly it was a doctor oz show last summer that sparked my attention. I use a lotion because the sprays are likely to be inhaled and the chemicals are bad for the lungs. I won't even use the sprays for me anymore. I also use one that only has zinc and titanium oxide. They act as a barrier on the skin rather than getting absorbed by the skin. Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use Badger or nothing. I try to keep her in the shade with a bonnet on in the mornings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Earth Mama Angel Baby. I wanted to wait until he was 6 months old to use sunscreen so last year he accidentally got a little tan on the half of his legs that stuck out from under the stroller's sunshade.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    We use Badger and it's FSA covered...and since we always fail to plan to spend this, it's one of the things I buy at the end of the year.
  • Options
    We use babyganics, too. FYI, ewg has a great app called skin deep that allows you to check product safety on the go. Even has a barcode scanner! Comes in handy in target aisles :)
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input! Will be checking into these!:)
  • Options
    We use Babyganics too. Love that it's natural and affordable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We use Babyganics if we know DD's going to be out for a long time or in direct sun, otherwise, I don't use anything for her but a hat and a nice shady spot.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have Josie Maran (from Sephora). Have not tried to put it on LO's face yet.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"