Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My marriage has taken a dive...

I apologize in advance.. this is not baby related, but I don't really have many friends or anyone I can turn to. Thanks in advance for letting me vent….

Since my LO has arrived I've really disliked my husband, now it's gotten to the point where I am putting my ducks in order to move out. 

He complains constantly that he "doesn't have a life" yet he goes out with his friends AT LEAST 2x per week and socializes after work at least one or two in addition. He literally does nothing for the baby. He will talk to him, smile to him and hold him but he does literally zero baths, feedings and zero diaper changes. If I ask for help in the middle of the night he will give some lame excuse like, "I don't want to pick the baby up because I'm not awake yet and I'm worried about dropping him." I do everything. Every.Single.Thing. We don't even go to bed together anymore. He stays up until 2 or 3 am and sleeps in until 2pm. We don't have sex anymore, because he's "afraid of hurting my stiches" (I am almost 3 months PP and the doctors put us in the clear at 6 weeks PP). 

As mentioned above, I don't have many friends and after almost 3 long months, we finally had my friend and her husband over tonight. My husband was fine but at the end he was on his phone huffing and puffing. He finally mumbled under his breath at 10 pm that he had to call his friend as MY friend is still here and so he has to cancel with his friend. When I questioned him in private about what he meant, he said he made plans for 8pm with his buddies (the dinner with my friend started at 5) and now he has to miss it as my friends hadn't left yet. 

My friends heard this comment he made and immediately apologized and left. I was so embarassed and very angry at him. 

Knowing I was pissed, he asked me what was wrong, I calmly told him he embarassed me about the comment he made about my friends not leaving fast enough. Then he told me again how he has no life and he stormed out (to go out with his friends). 

I want a divorce, but I am torn. I know this sounds awful, but I want to stay with him for at least one more child so my son has a biological sibiling. Maybe that's a horrible reason, but I love my siblings and I couldn't imagine being an only child, so I wouldnt' want to do that with my son. It has gotten to the point where I don't even argue anymore because I don't want my son exposed to crazy parents yelling and partly because I have just given up. 

I'm sorry for this long winded rant. I am just alone right now, disraught and don't know what to do moving forward. 

Thanks for listening. 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: My marriage has taken a dive...

• Options
    Thanks. I realize it's very flamy worthy to stay with him for another kid, and I didn't mean to offend anyone with respect to half sibilings. I'm just not interested in looking for someone else, and I don't want my son to grow up an only child. - Again, I don't mean to offend, I just know I have such a great bond with my siblings and I don't want to rob my son of that. 

I have talked about counseling with him. He refuses to go, saying "we're fine". I'm currently in solo counselling. 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like he's seeing someone else if you ask me and it's a little disturbing you want another child with him just for that reason, that is a very selfish reason IMO
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    How long have you known each other? How long have you been married? I apologize if you have a ticker but I'm mobile, can't see it.

If all these changes happened since the baby, maybe give it a little more time. Sometimes people need months to work through their issues or to try to before a decision is made. Sometimes it takes longer for a person to realize that they have something to work on in the first place. Could the relationship be worth saving if you can get past this hump?! New babies change a lot for everybody. Divorce is so final. I would stick it out a little longer because I know every marriage had issues but mine personally is worth trying to save. This was after we took almost a year off during the time we dated. Maybe you guys can take a break to see where that leads. In my case it lead to us coming together again.

Also, half or whole siblings are what you make them. My kids are "half" and my family doesn't even acknowledge it, they are just sisters. I know whole siblings who can't stand each other and who's relationship is dead. It's about relationships not about who their daddy is. I don't even have 1 whole sibling but you would never know because we share a sibling bond regardless of if we share a father. If divorce is the end all being a single mom of 1 is hard enough, I've been there. Being a single mom of two... even more so! Try not to open that can of worms if you don't have to.
    I'm a sinner saved by grace and a child of the Attitude Era (Oh you didn't know?!?)
    #OurBoyD-Bryan #TeamCrossRhodes #KnowYourRoll #ShutYourMouth 
    DD#1: 9/3/2004 Noelle Catherine
    DD#2: 1/26/2014 Faith Preston
    DC(dear cat?? lol): 6/5/2009 Shane Fitzgerald Kennedy
    I married my best friend <3 DH is my knight in shining armor! 

• Options
    Find a man that makes you HAPPY and havea child with him.... you do not want to raise two kids by yourself....
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How was he before the child was born? Is this a new thing or old? You guys are going through a transitional time right now with a new baby. I would give it awhile before divorcing him OR even thinking of having another child. He needs to go to counseling with you!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"