Detroit Babies
Options

Hutzel vs Royal Oak Beaumont

Hi All, I'm in my third trimester and really on the fence about where to deliver my baby. I work very close to Hutzel, but I've really not had a good experience with my doctor's office and I've heard quite a few negative things about Hutzel. I'm considering Royal Oak Beaumont, instead. Does anyone prefer one over the other? Also, did anyone try the midwives at Hutzel? I'm curious if that made the birthing experience any better at Hutzel.  Thanks so very much for any help!

Re: Hutzel vs Royal Oak Beaumont

• Options
    Im gonna follow this as i need info about delivering at beaumont as well.
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend either. Haven't heard good things about Hutzel like they aren't goid with moms during labor. I've heard several cases of moms being made to have vaginal births when they should have had cesarean. I have a friend who lost twins a couple of years ago due to cervical incompetence and one of the babies could have been saved. I personally lost a baby at 18wks at Beaumont Royal Oak. My husband and I knew nothing about why until we were reading the pathology report. Since all this we've had a beautiful and healthy little boy who just turned one years old who was delivered at Oakwood Dearborn. He came 11 weeks early and stayed in the nicu for 5 weeks but they took really good care of him and me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I said this in another thread and I'll mention it again - these two hospitals are worlds away from each other as far as location goes. If you live near Hutzel, but decide to deliver out of RO and pick a doctor that doesn't go to Hutzel, that's going to be a very long car ride to get to RO if you wake up in the middle of the night in labor. You don't want to have the baby in the car on the way. Every hospital has it's pluses and minuses. Your baby's safety and your peace of mind is what's most important at the end of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"