Third-Party Reproduction

Frozen Donor At-Home Insemination Timing

Hello everyone... so I will be trying my second month of at-home insemination with a frozen donor sperm in 2 weeks. The first month, I inseminated a bit early I think. We were leaving for vacation the next day and everything was a bit rushed...

Anyway, my cycle is very predictable. I ovulate on day 16. (Confirmed by OPK and temp rise).

I get a + OPK around 10 AM on CD 15, and I still have a + OPK at 10 AM on CD16. My temps rise day 17 onward.

I know you never know what time you ovulate, but I think I usually ovulate sometime in the afternoon of day 16, because the OPK is still positive in the morning on day 16. (Or can I ovulate, and still have a positive OPK?? )

I've heard that frozen donor sperm only live about 6 - 12 hours once thawed inside the body. I know people say to inseminate 12 and 24 hours after a + OPK, but I feel like that would personally be too early for me.

My thoughts were to inseminate at 7 am and 5 pm on CD16 (assuming I get my + OPK CD 15 morning as usual). I know it takes several hours for sperm to swim to the egg, and I know the egg lives 12-24 hours max. Does this sound like it would work? Sorry if this is confusing, I'm just looking for other people's opinions on this. Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Re: Frozen Donor At-Home Insemination Timing

• We did inseminations at the clinic so I can't speak to this directly. But there's currently a relevant thread on the LGBTParenting board (called TTC Again--Timing Question) that's about the topic of timing at home inseminations with frozen donor sperm. That might be helpful. Good luck!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"