November 2012 Moms
Options

UO anyone here to play?

Re: UO anyone here to play?

• Options
    I have been wondering if the cat will be alive when its time to move when taking into consideration that we may  need to find a cat friendly place to live.... and I have hoped that maybe he decides he is done being old before we have to move
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think bailing on a BMB because its "boring" is silly. So what we have moved on from our worries and are mostly pros now? Can't we still have some camaraderie and fun? I think some people are bailing because they thrive on drama...and if that's the case then good riddance. Flame away. Oh wait, you won't cause you left us boring mamas behind. Ha.
    I second that.  I've been on the bump since I was pregnant with my first one, and to see people leave because it's "boring" is ridiculous. Babies grow and they change and we don't need to ask 500 questions a day. 
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Options
    My UO: I have nothing against the backpack leashes. My oldest sports one quite a bit, actually, if DH isn't around and I can't take a stroller. I was completely against them before I had kids since they were leashes and my child wouldn't be a dog. That was, until he decided to dart into a parking lot once day. Whatever, people can stare all they want. I'm keeping my child safe, with whichever method I feel I need.

I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Options
    I too have nothing against leashes.

UO: just because you get a job offer doesn't mean you should take it. I'm in the middle of negotiating an offer now where the boss just pulled a kind of dirty tactic  "I'll give you everything else you want if you will move on your one non-negotiable". My one non-negotiable is something that will protect my job and the investment my boss will make in setting me up (it's a lot of money - not income. It's money for physical set up). There are a couple of dozen things that should be more important to my prospective boss that he could ask me to back off on, but he wants me to cough up this one thing which could really put a stranglehold on my early career. I have to ask myself, do I really want to work in a place where my boss doesn't understand the needs of my job?

There are maybe 10 job openings worldwide for which I can compete every year. Most people would say I'm nuts for saying this. I've been unemployed. There is part of me that thinks I'm nuts too. Then there is the part of me that thinks what the extra hours I will have to work will do to LO, and I think f$#%^ it. If this doesn't work out, and I don't get another offer, I'll do something else for a living.
  • Options
    so that wasn't super unpopular. My other UO: I really hate spaghetti and meatballs. I like spaghetti. I like spaghetti with ground up meat in the sauce, but I just can't get into meatballs. It's strange because I like swedish meatballs and I have nothing against meatballs in general. I just feel like they really need be integrated into the sauce. Why be separate when you can be together?
  • Options
    It's also possible I've never had good spaghetti and meatballs. Maybe the right plate will come along someday and turn me around.

I just can't take a strong stand today.
  • Options

@uconnhuskie007 I don't think it was specifically to you, more of a comment in general about the huge wave of people who moved out. 

My 2 cents... I have lurked parenting to see what the hype is about... while I agree its much more active I feel like if our BMB people wanted to they could have put in more of an effort to post here instead of posting on another board... that being said I think that people are on TB for their own reasons.... and for some the BMB is enough and others it isn't. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Yea, not towards anyone specific, just that post the other day in general.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"