May 2014 Moms
Options

UTI help

So after dealing with contractions and later blood in my urine today, I saw a nurse at the OB office who said it looked like a UTI. She said she would call in a prescription for antibiotics for me. On my way home from work, I go by the pharmacy and they have no record of any prescription.

So, I have a call in to the exchange to see what they want me to do since I'm having pain and occasional contractions still. I'm guessing having my script tonight wouldn't really make a difference in that, but it would be nice to have it started. Anyway, my point of this post, does anyone have any tips for dealing with it in the meantime?

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UTI help

• Options
    Tons of water. And anything to pass the time until you can start your antibiotics, like a nap or watching a movie.
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AZO urinary pain. It's safe for pregnancy. Keep an eye on it though. I was having really bad flank (kidney) pain and they said it was probably just a UTI and I have Hydronephrosis
  • Options
    O and if you get the AZO, be aware it turns your urine BRIGHT orange. It was the only relief I've had with UTIs in the past
  • Options
    haylo33 said:
    O and if you get the AZO, be aware it turns your urine BRIGHT orange. It was the only relief I've had with UTIs in the past

This. Antibiotics cure the infection but do nothing to alleviate the pain until the infection is gone. AZO is a miracle, you'll have bright orange pee and relief from the pain within 30 minutes. I always request it when I have a UTI
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    AZO!!!! I've gotten UTIs once a year since I was 12. It'll help with the pain. Also a warm bath will help relax your bladder too. I'm SO sorry - I know this pain!
  • Options
    Drink tons of water, cranberry juice and eat blueberries. Make sure the cranberrie juice is primarily cranberry juice a lot of them are mostly apple and grape juice. The AZO stuff is also great for pain relief, you can get it over the counter it's called something like urinary pain relief. And your pee will look like fanta.
  • Options
    For pain try pouring warm water on yourself while peeing. It helps with the awkward burning feeling. The antibiotics will probably take about 24 hours before you start feeling better.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"