Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

sleeping/feeding questions!

my dd is turning 10 months this saturday. several sleeping/feeding questions:
1. how much should she sleep at this stage? most websites say 14-15 hours for baby less than 1 yr old. but my dd only sleeps 10 hours at night and 2+ hours for two naps during the day. overall it is around 12.5 hours.should I be concerned?
2. she wakes up 2-3 times at night. I still breast feed her. although the doc wants her to have 3 meals/day, 2 snacks inbetween, nothing at night. i just do not know how. she does not eat much during the day. she hates my pumped milk or formula. it is like a battle to have her drink 4oz. i think most baby at her age are drinking 6-8 ozs each time, never happened to my dd. she does get some solid food but not a lot. per doctor she should have 24-32 ozs milk / day. so i have to feed her at night. do not know how to break the pattern. Just starve her one night and hope she will pick up the next day? not very successful so far cause there were a couple of nights that she did not eat much at night (last feed at 1am), I thought she will be starving in the morning and eat a lot more, but NO. she only drinks 2 ozs at 7 and another 4 ozs at noon. 
3. related to that, wants to sleep train her and wean her night feeding. when she wakes up, i suppose to 1. not rush in, let her cry for a little bit. 2. pat her, rub her tummy / back to help her to go back to sleep. never pick her up... my biggest problem is that when she wakes up, she does not stay still crying. she rolls over and tries to stand up or sit up by holding onto the crib rail.she does not really cry. what should i do? even if i put her on her back again, she will fight to get up again. how come she does not feel sleepy in the middle of the night?
4. she does not like lying down. it is the same thing for bed time. cry-it-out just does not work. she does not cry, she sits there and play. so i am feeding her to sleep. 

anyone else or just my dd? any suggestions? i love her so much. but i am concerned if i keep doing night feeding, feeding her to sleep, i may do more harm than good to her. appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you may have. 
thank you very much!
35 yr old 1st time mom.  

Re: sleeping/feeding questions!

• Options
    1) babies will sleep however much they need to. Some sleep more, some sleep less. Those numbers are guidelines. If she's happy, then leave it be.

2) waking up at night is normal all throughout adulthood too. Lots of toddlers & children still wake up. This is normal. I don't like it when ppl say their Drs don't want babies to eat at night. It's YOUR child. I still feed DS 2x a night. My Dr knows this & says it's fine.

3) my DS will cry until you get him. If we leave him be he just works himself up even more. Rubbing his back does nothing. We are starting to stop the nursing to sleep. DS will go down easy with my H but not me. We're going with that for now.
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    1.) My dd usually goes 6-8 hrs at night then I nurse her until she's almost asleep then lay her down then she sleeps a couple more 3-4 he's. Then she usually naps for about 2 hrs a day. Dr was OK with I

2-3.)I always lay her down drowsy. I never let her ugly cry but a soft/whining cry is OK. Also a sound machine is great. Shes usually asleep with 5 Minutes.

4.)she will learn to self sooth!
    Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"