September 2012 Moms
Options

Pregnant again.. how do you do this?

Ok - so 2nd pregnancy - 8 weeks in - morning sickness sucks - I work so by the time I get home its all I can do to hold it together until hubby gets home - I love my girl and I'm so torn with it all - I want to give her a sibling and so excited - but man.. she's still so little and I want to hold her and love her - but right now?  I want to sleep and feel better!

Also - so not only the balance (which honestly I'm just doing - we are eating a lot of freezer meals and we are playing a lot of bring mama the truck while I lay on the floor) - but the clothes?  Dear god its like starting over.. I can't seem to handle anything pressing on my stomach with any amount of effort - so jeans are out.. I of course am larger then I was the start of my last pregnancy - but the big pregnancy clothes are too bump related to fit into - so best work appropriate comfortable / stretch like pants?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant again.. how do you do this?

• Options
    Honestly, sometimes it sucks.

Ask for help when you need it, do the best you can and remember that this like all other things will pass. We don't always eat the best, some days the dishes don't get done. The same stuff happened when DD was a nb. 

As far as the clothing, what about skirts/dresses if it is spring like where you live.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hopefully you'll start feeling better in the next few weeks, otherwise you're in for a very loooong pregnancy.

I'm plus size to begin with, and I've lost 25lbs, so I have no advice for clothes.  My co-worker and I are due the same day, she wears a 4 and has just started showing a little bit.  She got some belly bands and is wearing more flowy type shirts.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in WA so dresses / skirts will shortly work but I'm in the shoulder season and I'mnot ready for no socks / tights so then it means weird skirt with socks / shoes (what I did today) - or tights.. which just seem.. yuck. :)

I have a pair of hanna anderson pants that fit and are nice - but they have a small hole that I need to fix.. I had a pair of old navy pants with Em that were amzing but they were on loan - maybe I'll try and pop over there and see if I can find some.. 
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I loved ON jersey folded waist skirts. I used the non-maternity ones my entire pregnancy.
    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79586&vid=1&pid=898555302

Just remember first tri will be over in another month. Do what you can to get through it. Your daughter will not remember that mommy would only lounge around during play time. After first tri, I found that I ate way better during my second pregnancy because I had to make sure my toddler was eating well. My first pregnancy, I had a lot of cereal for dinner, lol.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Yeah.. belly bands never worked for me - I'm sitting around 12/ 14 - I think I just need to face the fact that I'm a larger (then last time) pregnant woman and get myself some clothes :)

(Oh and btw the dishes are being done like.. maybe once a week - sorry I know its gross but man I can't wait for 2nd tri!)

Thanks gals - it helps just knowing I'm not crazy!
  • Options
    Running to ON online now (I lived in most of their stuff with some H&M mixed in :) )

Yeah - I'm just sooooo much more emotional this time around - make its harder!! haha
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM and during first tri I was exhausted and throwing up. We honestly did a lot of playing on the ground so I could lay down and a lot of reading. Luckily it ended but it sucked at first and I'm sure Audrey was bored, but it is what it is. Like pp said, hopefully it will just be a few more weeks and then you can get back to normal, I'm sure your LO won't be affected by a few weeks of mommy being off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I liked old navy real waist or no belly maternity pants... there's no extra fabric to hug your belly before it's there, but the waist is cut low enough so it's not pressing uncomfortably either.

As for the morning sickness/just wanting to curl up in a ball and lie on the floor, it's bound to happen in early pregnancy- just remember that it's for a limited time.  Your daughter might get slightly less one on one attention while you feel so yucky, but that would be an issue no matter when you give her a sibling.  You and your daughter will get through it unscathed, I promise.  A sibling is an amazing gift.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Options
    I have miserably sick with this one and I feel like I've been mostly ignoring all of my kids. The plus side is that the kids are getting a lot of extra daddy time right now. I'm still doing the hair band through the jeans thing on my pants. But I look like I'm bursting out of them.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    My house was an absolute disaster during first tri. All I could do was lay on the couch and read books to Nola. Thankfully she plays independently really well and we did a lot of snuggling and watching Disney Jr.

Don't try to push yourself, do what you can. Housework can wait...and paper goods are made for times like these!

Anniversary

• Options
    StasiStasi member
    Don't worry too much about the time with your LO, hopefully in a few weeks you will be out of the 1st trimester and it will be easier...trust me, you will get there and some energy will come back.

I would play a mental game with myself every evening where I would just try to get through playing with DD, making dinner for us (freezer meals are totally acceptable) and getting DD into bed around 7:30....THEN, I wouldn't do one more thing. I'd either also go immediately to bed or just sit on the couch and let all the other chores wait until I felt better to do them.

As for clothes, I'm doing the hair band trick still with my normal pants. I also wear a belly band sometimes if my shirt is too short to cover the hair band trick...it's just a pain to constantly pull down and adjust.

I wish it would get a bit warmer so I could rock some dresses. @hmp1 I'll be buying some of those skirts today, they are very cute. Thanks for sharing!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    No advice on the clothes, but wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy. Being pg while taking care of a toddler sucks sometimes, but you will get through it! (hugs)

• Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited March 2014
    First and second tri weren't actually that bad for me. I did have some morning sickness until about 14 weeks or so, but it generally hit in the evenings after DD was in bed. Third tri has been much worse. I have ridiculous fatigue, worse than anything I ever had in first tri with either baby. I have energy for an hour or so after I wake up (in the morning or after a nap) and then I spend the rest of the day dragging ass. 

I'm a SAHM, so my situation is different from yours I'm sure, but the way I manage is just to take full advantage of the times when I feel "capable" and then take it easy any chance I get. There are some days where all the bonding I can manage with DD is curling up with my Snoogle on the bed in her playroom and talking to her while she plays or while we watch a movie or something. There are also a whole lot of freezer/microwave/box dinner type meals going on in this house these days. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you start feeling better soon! Even if maternity clothes look a little big, I'd just wear them. Dresses are the easiest since they don't grab in the middle, and they can be layered with a sweater or jacket if it's too cold now, then worn alone in spring/summer. As for balance at home, you do what you can, ask for help when it's available and just get through it one day at a time.

• Options
    Thanks!  I know she won't remember (or not enough to matter) and I know we just have to struggle through but some days - it just sucks.  Its nice to know I'm far from alone.  I also hope / pray and know that 2nd tri is so much better and hopefully I won't have the same complications (or different ones) that kicked in half way through 2nd tri last time (I shouldn't) - 

Its just mama guilt.. 

I found some maternity pants that seem to be working if I cinnch them a bit... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"