February 2014 Moms
Options

Any geocachers?

Any other February moms that geocache?

Now that I'm not puking I am antsy to get out and log some finds. There's still a foot of snow here so I need to wait for most caches.

I just want to get a good hike in and use some multimillion dollar satellites to find Tupperware filled with McDonald's toys!

image image

Re: Any geocachers?

• Options
    I had to google this and now I'm fascinated! May have to try this- DS would love it!

• Options

I had to google this and now I'm fascinated! May have to try this- DS would love it!

It's freaking addictive.

I may have had mental breakdowns over difficult to find caches before.

My favorite family type one was an alphabet series... One cache for each letter in groups of four or five, with you needing to solve to find the last cache in each series and then solve for the finale. We hiked so many miles for that one! My favorite non-family type cache was when my friend and I hiked through a blackberry bush and up a storm culvert a quarter mile to find a cache the size of a thumbnail.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have good friends who are big into this.  I can see my family getting into it because outdoorsy.  We are normally on rivers or lakes in kayaks, but with the little one, we'll have to find something else to do until she's big enough to tandem.  I think geocaching is a great use for multi million dollar satellites!
  • Options
    This is awesome!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not real outdoorsy but this seems like something I could enjoy.

• Options
    What is this!? I'm reading outdoorsy and w all these offspring NEED to be outside ( weather permitting )
  • Options
    We did this for a team-building activity at the beginning of the school year once (with the staff, not the students). It was really fun! I've never done it with my family, but I also think that DS would love it!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Options
    Thanks for posting this- I had heard of it but didn't really know what it was. Looks like something my family would totally get into- DS1 would live in the woods if I let him. Putting this on the list of things to try once we thaw out!
    DS Born 10/5/11 TTC #2 starting 8/2012 BFP! 11/12/12 EDD 7/26/12... natural m/c 12/1/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"