South Carolina Babies

DayCare- Irmo/Columbia Area: HELP!

Hi there,
I just moved into town a few months ago and my DH and I need some suggestions for DAYCARES! We heard gateway is worth a visit and were hoping for some other suggestions to check out. PLEASE HELP! I'm not sure where to start. I'm a FTM and definitely surprised to be taking these steps!
Also, what are some good signs to see or good questions to ask for a daycare visit? Any key things to look out for? Thank you so much for your help!
:D
New to the bump! Preparing for Baby David to arrive 8/8/14 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: DayCare- Irmo/Columbia Area: HELP!

• Most of the good daycares in town are church affliated and have huge waiting lists. Go ahead and get on them now. Bethel UMC does a half day program that is great and where my little one is going. Columbia Jewish Day School is incredible and has daycare starting at 1 year old.
    Hooray! A baby boy coming 6/11/2014
  • Stay far away from Northside Christian Academy. They have a 6wks to 4years program. I used to work there and I do not recommend it.
    Look at DSS's website and look for any write ups/citations they facility has had recently. Also, when you visit, ask about ratios (these are regulated by DSS and the staff should know them off the top of their head) and count to see if they are complying with ratios.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am due in November and live in Irmo. Is it too early to start looking?