Trying to Get Pregnant

False Positives with CVS Brand Pregnancy tests??

I am -2 to my first missed period, so I bought a 2 pack of CVS brand home pregnancy tests. I took one last night at 10pm that produced a faint but definitely blue line in the results window and repeated the test with the second test the next morning around 6a with the same result. However, I took 2 subsequent tests later in the day (EPT early response) and both were negative, although one test had a VERY questionably faint line and I wasn't sure if it was actually there or if I was imagining it! I read a post online that one woman (not too long ago at the end of February of this year) used the same CVS brand early response tests and she got TWO false positives from the two tests in the same box (I should mention they are blue dye tests). Other reviews also label this particular product as "inaccurate" and "troublesome", with some additional reports of false positives. I am going to repeat the test tomorrow morning with a Clear Blue DIGITAL test (no mistaking anything there!) but in the meantime, any ideas, ladies??image

Re: False Positives with CVS Brand Pregnancy tests??

• Digitals are less sensitive than pink dye. It's your money, but I'd get a FRER (pink dye) before I'd spring for a digital. Blue dye tests can produce false positives. If you think you could be pregnant then use a pink dye test. The dollar store has perfectly good tests if you're a crazy that wants to pee on 10 or so.
    Dedos de salsicha para o seu prazer...
  • Those look pretty damn positive to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • They look pretty positive.  The negative tests you got later in the day could be due to your urine being more dilute so it didnt pick up a high enough level of hCG (that's why first thing in the morning is better), but who knows.

Pink dye test is better if you want to be sure (First Response)

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • I haven't heard any good things about the CVS tests and would probably trust a FRER waaay over them.

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"