March 2013 Moms

Stop breastfeeding!

I only have breastfed my almost 12mo daughter. I have weened her off my nip in 2 days.1 What do I do to stop my milk production? Are there quick ways without clogged ducts? And 2 now she won't take my milk in the sippy. She will sip water bit she frowns and refuses my milk that I have stored that I pumped. How do I do?

Re: Stop breastfeeding!

• Great job making it to a year! My LO turns one next week and I have been gradually dropping one pumping session at a time over the last 2 weeks at work. I reduce the time by a few minutes over the course of a few days and then drop the session completely. I'm afraid of getting mastitis again if I do it any faster and I plan to nurse part time for awhile. Are you still pumping at all? I think you can pump or hand express a little bit if you are feeling uncomfortable. I've also heard taking Sudafed or another decongestant can dry up your supply. As for the sippy cup, have you given her whole milk yet? You could try mixing the BM in to see if she'll drink that. Then you can still use up your pumped milk. Good luck!
  • As with PP, I read that you can just express enough to take the edge off - aka relieve the uncomfortable feeling of fullness. 

I started giving DS my stored BM in a different sippy cup than he gets his water in.  I noticed he likes to walk around and drink it instead of drinking it at a meal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there a reason for quitting cold turkey? Its much better to wean gradually, if you can. I let my older 2 self wean, at 15 and 18 mo. It was so gradual, I didn't even really notice! I highly recommend that over engorgement and possible mastitis!
  • I used sage tea and it worked like a charm to dry up my supply. I actually bought dried and fresh sage and brewed it myself so it was stronger than the store bought. Bitter but add honey and drink it up to 5 times a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have read that Sudafed will clear you up- snotty nose AND breastmilk :)

https://www.drugs.com/breastfeeding/pseudoephedrine.html
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"