September 2014 Moms
Options

FYI destination maternity return policy

If you buy from DM online and need to return to the store they'll only give you store credit.  You need to ship back your items (at your expense) to get your money back. Just a little FYI since this isn't the norm for most stores (though it is listed under the return policy section on their website) and I wish someone had warned me before I tried returning to the store this weekend. 
imageimage

Re: FYI destination maternity return policy

• Options
    jmolrjmolr member
    I ended up arguing with the manager and they finally agreed to mail a check to my house.  I do need some more tops but their tops don't seem to fit me right so I knew it'd just be a waste of money to get a store credit. Plus I didn't want them to have my money, I'll buy my maternity clothes elsewhere from now on. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    This isn't about their return policy - but anyone find their quality a little cheap (in my opinion) for the price you are paying?  I got a pair of pants for work and I can see light through the stitching on the inseams.  I'm paranoid the stitches are going to split and I am wearing for first time.

Also, I had to settle with a pair of pants that were not my preferred because they other materials just seemed so cheap and thin.

Again, all in my opinion.  Anyone else feel that way?  Any suggestions for brick and mortar stores that I don't have to order online but also have a maternity section that is larger than a bathtub?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SingleMom31SingleMom31 member
    edited March 2014
    @nickielachhickie - I liked Gap maternity last time (which was in late 2012).  They do have maternity sections at some of the bigger stores, though their selection was better online.  I also liked a Pea in the Pod's clothes and found them to be good quality, but they were pretty expensive in my opinion. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Ugh - It won't let me edit for some reason... Anyway, I know that a Pea in the Pod is a Destination Maternity brand too, but it seems to be the "upscale" brand.  Kind of like how Lexus is made by Toyota, but they're not the same, you know?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I had that too at Motherhood Maternity which I believe is the same chain. I wish I would have known of this beforehand as well. I won't be ordering online anymore.
    Jenna (27) + Shawn (27) 09.07.13
    DS Carter (7) 11.09.06
    DS Tanner (5) 01.15.09
    Baby #3 is due 09.28.14

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @singlemom31 - Thanks for the tips.  I almost had a heart attack when i saw a pair of jeans from pea in the pod for $179.99 marked down from $250.  I'm trying to find a $60 price point for pants/jeans, not a $35 (motherhood) or $150 (pea in the pod).  This is our first and we want to have another so I'd like it to last.  I'll try Gap.
  • Options
    I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Gap (being tall, I tried it on for waist fit in the store and then ordered for length online) and of the 9 items I ordered (3 pairs of work pants, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 dress, 1 shirt), I'm only taking back 1 of the pairs of jeans, as they make my ass look flat. I was REALLY impressed with everything (wearing one of the pairs of work pants today and so comfy), plus I got it all with a 40% coupon, so every item I purchased was around $30.
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"