Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

waterproof changing pad, non skid bottom?

I'm having difficulty finding changing pads in stores.  I'm looking for a waterproof (or water resistant) changing pad with a non skid bottom.  I found a few on Amazon, but ratings are pretty split.

Any recs?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: waterproof changing pad, non skid bottom?

• Options
    Get a regular changing pad a place some of the non skid shelf liner underneath (you could attach with hot glue if you want) we did this and the pad never moved.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RDK24RDK24 member
    kalmte214 said:

I'm having difficulty finding changing pads in stores.  I'm looking for a waterproof (or water resistant) changing pad with a non skid bottom.  I found a few on Amazon, but ratings are pretty split.

Any recs?

Yes! The Keekaroo Peanut changing pad. Total game changer. No laundry to do w the covers, non skid and baby is super comfy on it. Pricey but well worth the cost IMHO. Available at Giggle and online.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RDK24RDK24 member
    kalmte214 said:

Any recs?

Yes! The Keekaroo Peanut changing pad. Total game changer. No laundry to do w the covers, non skid and baby is super comfy on it. Pricey but well worth the cost IMHO. Available at Giggle and online.
  • Options
    Foam shelf liner underneath. Works perfect !

• Options
    RDK24 said:

kalmte214 said:

Any recs?

I'm glad you brought this up. I feel
    Silly putting a $75 changing pad on my registry, but I'd buy it for myself at the end with the completion coupon. So you think it's worth the price tag?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member

IMHO, I wouldn't pay $75 for something that your baby will likely get poop on. The Summer Infant changing pad on Amazon is only $15 and if you attach kitchen liner to the bottom, you would have exactly what you need for $20 at the most.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Contoured-Frustration-Packaging/dp/B009EDSWJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394548589&sr=8-1&keywords=summer+infant+contoured+changing+pad

• Options
    ss265 said:

IMHO, I wouldn't pay $75 for something that your baby will likely get poop on. The Summer Infant changing pad on Amazon is only $15 and if you attach kitchen liner to the bottom, you would have exactly what you need for $20 at the most.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Contoured-Frustration-Packaging/dp/B009EDSWJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394548589&sr=8-1&keywords=summer+infant+contoured+changing+pad

Yes, however you'll also need to buy at least 2 covers (usually $10-20 each) for that changing pad and wash them regularly. The beauty of the Keekaroo Peanut is that it's a wipe able surface that you don't have to launder and buy other covers / accessories for.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member

Yes, however you'll also need to buy at least 2 covers (usually $10-20 each) for that changing pad and wash them regularly. The beauty of the Keekaroo Peanut is that it's a wipe able surface that you don't have to launder and buy other covers / accessories for.

I don't use any covers on mine. I started using covers initially but they were a pain to wash so I stopped using them. The top of this changing pad is waterproof and easily wipes down. Sure it doesn't look pretty but honestly, I don't really care.

If you love the Keekaroo then get it, I was just throwing out a cheaper alternative. With baby stuff there are always going to be super cool, more expensive options - I was just pointing out that I would rather save money on something like a changing pad so that I could spend more elsewhere.

• Options
    Ooooh, sorry, I didn't realize that it had a wipe able water proof top! A $15 option is definitely better then $75!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member

Ooooh, sorry, I didn't realize that it had a wipe able water proof top! A $15 option is definitely better then $75!

For full disclosure, it does have these annoying little perforations where stuff can get caught in. When that happens, I have to clean it using a sponge or paper towel and put it under running water. And the one I got, the cover wasn't completely flat on the padding (I am a perfectionist so little things like this bother me). But for $15 and considering that it is just a surface to change a baby on, I think it's worth it.

And I read your other post on how you love to research everything before you buy it and I am the exact same way! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"