1st Trimester
Options

Fingers Turning Blue

I've scoured the internet to no avail, and since my doctor's office isn't open until tomorrow I thought I'd throw this scenario out there to you ladies to see if I might could get some insight.  I've had 29 day cycles like clockwork for the past 8 months since coming off BCP and have seen a pattern on my BBT chart along with OPK's indicating that I O on CD 18 each cycle.  Same this cycle, but my period is 3 days late, my temps are still high...a bit higher than normal.  They usually bottom out 2 days before AF arrives.

I have several symptoms: nausea, light headedness, I've thrown up a few times over the last week (haven't thrown up in years), high 99's fever throughout the day with a temporary dip in BBT on CD  28 before going back up, etc etc.  Still, I realize that no one would obviously be able to tell if I'm PG without a BFP. 

The weird thing is that my fingers have been turning blue the past 4 days.  I mean, BLUE.  Mainly just the tips of them and then my thumb/palm.  I have raynaud's and I'm used to them turning white when I get cold.  But they're doing it now at random times of the day when I'm perfectly warm.  

So I guess my question is: did any of you that have circulation problems or raynauds have this happen during pregnancy or right before you got your BFP?  I'm just hoping it's my circulation going wonky from trying to divert blood flow to a sticky bean and not another health issue......

TTC since February 2014

Re: Fingers Turning Blue

• Options
    AggieBeth06AggieBeth06 member
    edited March 2014
    I have Raynaud's but didn't experience this right at the time that I got AF. They did turn blue last week.

I was diagnosed a year ago when they did the same thing.

It can be scary, but it would pass. I would bring it up to your OB or diagnosing doctor if you are concerned.

They suggested a warm water soak... but then again, I am sure you have discussed your own treatment for the symptoms with your doctor.

GL  on the BFP. When do you plan on testing?

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    I have Raynaud's but didn't experience this right at the time that I got AF. They did turn blue last week.

I was diagnosed a year ago when they did the same thing.

It can be scary, but it would pass. I would bring it up to your OB or diagnosing doctor if you are concerned.

They suggested a warm water soak... but then again, I am sure you have discussed your own treatment for the symptoms with your doctor.

GL  on the BFP. When do you plan on testing?
    Well at least there's ONE other person out there with Raynaud's whose fingers did that during PG!  That makes me feel slightly better.  I'm used to them turning white and going numb, but they just started turning blue 4 days ago.  They'll do it at random times of the day when I'm not even cold.

I've tested every other day since 6 days before missed AF and all BFN of FRER.  Still negative even as of this morning at 3 days past when AF is due.  I do have a short luteal phase (11 days) and am hoping that doesn't lead to complications.  

I guess I'll just keep randomly testing every few days??
    TTC since February 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whatever you need to do to keep your sanity. It can be frustrating at times. I wouldn't test too often or you might make yourself insane. Maybe 3-5 days? Some people say to wait a week or more. That was always too tough for me.

Mine turn blue even when not cold and prior to pregnancy. 

I don't know a lot about it, but if you have a short luteal phase, there are things that can be done to intervene if it does cause problems. You've only been TTC for one cycle, and it can take several even in completely "normal" women. 

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Sorry if this sounds mean or if this doesn't apply but did you get new jeans recently? When I buy new, dark wash jeans, my fingers turn blue from the dye. 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Options
    saraeric said:
    Sorry if this sounds mean or if this doesn't apply but did you get new jeans recently? When I buy new, dark wash jeans, my fingers turn blue from the dye. 

I could see how it might be similar, but Raynaud's is most likely the cause. Here's a photo of what it can look like. Mine turn more white/blue than dark blue. It seriously made me feel like Dawn of the Dead. It's so creepy looking!

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    saraeric said:

I could see how it might be similar, but Raynaud's is most likely the cause. Here's a photo of what it can look like. Mine turn more white/blue than dark blue. It seriously made me feel like Dawn of the Dead. It's so creepy looking!
    Yeah, dark jeans/dye was my first thought.  But the blue will come and go, even when I'm wearing white clothing.  If I didn't have Raynaud's I would probably assume it was something else.  I just didn't know if diverted blood flow (even in very early PG, before BFP) could cause this to happen in someone with Raynaud's.

And yes, I totally know one month is crazy early for a BFP :)  I have prepared myself for quite a lengthly TTC journey since you never know what will happen.  But still, since AF was late and all of the sudden this stared it made me wonder.  

I'll probably wait at least 2 more days to test, just for my sanity.  
    TTC since February 2014

• Options
    Abs211981 said:
    saraeric said:

Yeah, dark jeans/dye was my first thought.  But the blue will come and go, even when I'm wearing white clothing.  If I didn't have Raynaud's I would probably assume it was something else.  I just didn't know if diverted blood flow (even in very early PG, before BFP) could cause this to happen in someone with Raynaud's.

And yes, I totally know one month is crazy early for a BFP :)  I have prepared myself for quite a lengthly TTC journey since you never know what will happen.  But still, since AF was late and all of the sudden this stared it made me wonder.  

Sounds good and GL on your journey! Have fun trying :)

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    I tend to have raynaud's flares when I'm stressed, regardless of temperature.
    I've read about this, but have suffered from Raynaud's for 10+ years and have only had flares when I get cold.  And even then they only turn white, never blue.  Still I guess that could always be a possibility
    TTC since February 2014

• Options
    I tend to have raynaud's flares when I'm stressed, regardless of temperature.
    Hey... I have Hashimoto's too. Interesting to both have those things. I hadn't noticed that stress makes it flare, but then again, I think I'm always stressed.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Abs211981 said:
    saraeric said:

Sounds good and GL on your journey! Have fun trying :)
    Thanks so much!  I really appreciate it :)  Just wanted to make sure that this blue finger spell wasn't something really bad, PG or not!
    TTC since February 2014

• Options
    I have dealt with Raynaud's for the last few years. Early in my pregnancy, like 6-14 weeks, I had a lot of issues with my fingers turning blue. It would be really bad if I was cold, but it was never anything as intense as that picture. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    @abs211981 -- it wouldn't hurt to bring it up to your physician.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    @AggieBeth06  I most definitely will be, regardless of whether I get a BFN or BFP.  
    TTC since February 2014

• Options
    I have dealt with Raynaud's for the last few years. Early in my pregnancy, like 6-14 weeks, I had a lot of issues with my fingers turning blue. It would be really bad if I was cold, but it was never anything as intense as that picture. Good luck!
    Yeah, mine wasn't as intense as the pic but it was definitely enough where family members noticed.  Since mine had never turned blue before my Dad freaked out and insisted I go straight to the ER!  I told him since I had no other symptoms (and they don't know we literally just started TTC) I would wait a week and then go if it continued. 
    TTC since February 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"