August 2013 Moms
Options

Daylight Savings Time....

How we all handling the hour loss? How are the babies taking it.... LO is actually still sleeping. Since we have made the crib transition, she sleeps in 7-9hr stretches...Its actually 10:51a here now, and LO is still out....but adjusted for DST, its actually only just going on 10....I am probably gonna just wake her up in a few...I need to try and re-establish a schedule for us

Re: Daylight Savings Time....

• Options
    LO has been awake since 430.. He could care less about the time on the clock lol. Although.. I will say we have a pretty consistent feeding schedule and I was torn if we should adjust now.. Or just go with the flow or stick to old time.. We ended up just adjusting.. I figured he does what he wants anyhow lol
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    We went to bed hour early and woke up an hour early so apparently he got the memo on the time change. Its funny how babies can be so cooperative one moment and so difficult the next.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    10 o'clock??? Really?! Why are YOU not in bed?! :o) We did alright, he went down at his usual time last night and got up about an hour earlier than normal, I'm not complaining. I'm just worried because as soon as we get him used to the time change we'll be visiting family a time zone backward so we'll have to adjust him to that as well. Should be fun! He's an early riser any way so I'm sure I'll get NO sleep!

• Options
    Doesn't appear to have affected us.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    lkobriant said:
    10 o'clock??? Really?! Why are YOU not in bed?! :o) We did alright, he went down at his usual time last night and got up about an hour earlier than normal, I'm not complaining. I'm just worried because as soon as we get him used to the time change we'll be visiting family a time zone backward so we'll have to adjust him to that as well. Should be fun! He's an early riser any way so I'm sure I'll get NO sleep!
    I woke up myself, looked at the clock, and TRIED to go back to sleep, just couldnt. She woke up about 5m after I posted anyway...I think I am more affected than she is..

• Options
    Dd woke up at 630. She normally wakes up between 530 and 6. I'm really jealous of the late sleeping babies!

• Options
    LO was up last night at 930(which is not normal for her), but after she went back down at 11 she slept pretty well, and was up at 630 this morning. The last time change went over pretty well so I am hoping that this time goes the same way.

• Options
    I forgot about it. My mom texted me at 10pm last night and reminded me. LO obviously cared less about it. She was up a handful of times and between 1-330 she decided it was time to have a one on one talk with me.. I wasn't impressed. Our house ended up getting up at 830
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Options
    LO has a double ear infection, so everything is thrown off right now. However... At 1:50 this morning when she was screaming and I went in to console her... I got the privilege of watching the time on my phone change from 1:59 to 3:00. Just like that.. An hour stolen from me. Maybe that's why I'm in such a bitchy mood today.
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Options
    LO has a double ear infection, so everything is thrown off right now. However... At 1:50 this morning when she was screaming and I went in to console her... I got the privilege of watching the time on my phone change from 1:59 to 3:00. Just like that.. An hour stolen from me. Maybe that's why I'm in such a bitchy mood today.
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Options
    We put LO down at the same time as usual last night. I usually wake her at 7 am on the weekends (6:30 am during the week) if she isn't already up to keep her on a similar schedule to weekdays, but I let her go til 7:45 today to account for the hour loss.

I'm interested to see how she does tonight - I don't want to push bedtime back since she still has to be up at 6:30 am tomorrow, but she may resist bedtime since it will feel like 6:30 rather than 7:30 pm.

• Options
    We did fine last night. DD went to bed her normal time and woke up around 7:20 AM this morning. She'd been running "early" all week, so I think she's already adjusted. We'll see what happens tonight.

• Options
    Well she was up all night anyway so who knows. Good thing is since I work nights I got an hour less work instead of sleep woo hoo
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Options
    You know you're a mom when you look forward to springtime DST, lol. DS has an east facing window in his room and has been slowly waking up earlier and earlier. It's nice that he will be sleeping a little later, since he's up not too long after the sun!

• Options
    So far Claire seems pretty unaffected. We will see what time she gets up for the day though..... It messes with my oldest two. Getting them to bed for school an hour different, not easy!

• Options
    It took four hours to put Alex to bed last night. It usually takes 20 minutes.

• Options
    They both slept until their normal times. Then napped at normal times. The only issue was me at bed time. I'm usually falling asleep at 9, but was wide awake until 10:30. When the time changes, we don't do anything to help them adjust. We just follow the clock. It's 9 am, okay Alexis it's nap time. We don't think well it's actually 8 so we need to keep her up an extra hour.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well it seem LO went down at 9:30....DH said she did not nap at all. I figured she would wake up to eat around 3, nope....sleepy head woke up at 10a! Momma got sleep for the first time in a long time....why do I still feel so damn off....

• Options
    I don't think we even noticed the change. LO has decided that every other night 3-4:30 should be playtime so any scheduling that we had has gone to hell anyway.
  • Options
    DS wouldn't go down to sleep at his usual time. When I tried an hour later, he fell asleep in my arms in a second. He was still asleep at 8am today, when he's usually up by 7:30
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Seems like a trend, it was hard to get DD down for bed even though she was rubbing eyes and yawning...but she slept til 6:30! WOOT! beats her usual 5 or 5:30.
  • Options
    Bunnyfer said:
    Well it seem LO went down at 9:30....DH said she did not nap at all. I figured she would wake up to eat around 3, nope....sleepy head woke up at 10a! Momma got sleep for the first time in a long time....why do I still feel so damn off....
    Too much sleep ;-)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

Bunnyfer said:

Too much sleep ;-)

I thought same thing, but I went to bed at 2:30a, woke up at 7, then fell asleep till 10..maybe anything more than three hours is to much now..;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"