July 2014 Moms

What's your for-baby craft project?

Re: What's your for-baby craft project?

• ktotharistaktotharista member
    edited March 2014
    I've made some crib sheets, burp rags, and a blanket so far, and am working on a painting. Any easy curtain/valence and crib skirt website suggestions for a tutorial?

• I may not be that crafty but I can work a glue gun! Made this Monogram from buttons (the room will be green with grey and yellow accents) to hang above the crib....it will really be on the only "decoration" I have in the room.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm making a quilt, bed skirt, burp cloths, and changing pad cover...  I love making stuff for my kids' rooms!  
  • I'll probably paint something for the nursery. I am not a super crafty person on my own, but I do pretty well at those paint while you drink places where they tell you the steps to get there. My nursery will have a beach theme, so I will keep an eye out for something that will work with that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've decided to try a cross stitch design to frame & hang on the wall. There's a embroidery/knitting/crochet store not far from our house. I'm going there tomorrow to see if they can help me get started.
  • I've made some crib sheets, burp rags, and a blanket so far, and am working on a painting. Any easy curtain/valence and crib skirt website suggestions for a tutorial?

Love the dino and blue blanket! So adorable!!! And I admire the crib sheets, I'm afraid of attempting something like that because my hemming is sub-par.
    Thanks so much! The sheets were actually a lot easier to make than the blanket (for me anyway), and I am very much a beginner sewer. I would suggest giving it a shot because you might surprise yourself like I did! 
  • I am soooo bad at finishing projects, so despite the fact that I cut all the fabric this weekend, I have a feeling my first quilt will not be done until baby it at least a few months old, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm really excited. I went to the local store & they helped me get started on my project! I'm going to cross stitch several bible verses that use the phrase "blessed is the man". I'll frame them for the wall over the dresser/changing table. Right now I am just using graph paper to make the designs, after that I'll go back to the store & they'll help me with the next step.

Thanks to you awesome, crafty ladies I'm going to actually do this!!!
  • I love seeing what everyone has done so far! They look great!
  • @earichar23

Thanks I will be trying to make this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GlitzyklmGlitzyklm member
    edited March 2014
    I need to make curtains for the nursery.  And some pillows.

I need to have artwork printed and frame it. 

I lack motivation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Painted a canvas and monogram letters of her name. The colors of her room. Gray, light blue, and purple. I actually plan to finish today. 
    I also painted wooden letters of DS name. Each letter looks like a road and I will hot glue Hot Wheels to them and hang them today hopefully.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• tourqeyes said:

Dye-ing all of the old white onesies fun and exciting colors. Did one batch the other day for my friend and they turned out good, excited to do mine later this week.

I have been searching for a "baby safe" dye to dye the new plain onesies I have bought. What brand did you use?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dye-ing all of the old white onesies fun and exciting colors. Did one batch the other day for my friend and they turned out good, excited to do mine later this week.
    I have been searching for a "baby safe" dye to dye the new plain onesies I have bought. What brand did you use?
    I used RIT dye and plan on washing it a few times in my All Free & Clear detergent before DS2 wears these. ::Knock on wood:: DS1 never had any sensitivity issues when it came to clothing.

• I'm sewing an entire wardrobe for my baby and I'm only using organic twine and scraps of old fabric I find in my home!
  • queenieM said:

I've also been working on my knitted stuffed animals - have finished 3 now and am working on the hen, who is proving a right pain in the butt :P

keeps me busy when I start to get anxious or bored waiting for baby to come! 

Cute! Where'd you get the patterns!
  • wanted to share this one had a day off work rainy day craft made closet seperators
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm going to have to make him a crib mobile because I can't find any outer spacey ones at mainstream stores and they're stupid expensive on Etsy. Won't be too fancy, probably just some felt pieces sewn together with a little stuffing. I'm thinking a rocket ship, a star, a moon, and a planet with rings.
    image          image

• Love hearing/seeing about all the crafts!!
    Its great to put in your own personal touch!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Headband holder, clip holder and fabric balls for mobile. This isn't for my nursery but I made them for my best friend! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Heather

Southern CA

2nd Pregnancy

May 2012 -- MC

Due Date July 5, 2014 <--- prayers for sticky baby 

• Finally got around to making some things for Adelinde this weekend! Changing pad covers and teethers ( left two teethers are a gift for a friend also due in July).
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"