September 2014 Moms
Options

Things That Make You Go "Really, WTF?!?!"

So, disclaimer: I love my Mother dearly!

However, today we were driving around and I mentioned how I've lost 6 pounds since getting pregnant. Without hesitation my Mom looks over and says, " Well, maybe you were just too heavy to begin with!"

Awesome Mom! Thanks for telling your daughter who lost 150 pounds over the last three years and who got pregnant weighing 155 pounds that I was probably too heavy to begin with! I literally wanted to slap a &#*!;$,!

It momentarily but I know she really didn't mean it that way. So, what is something someone has said to you lately that has made you go, "Really, WTF?!?!"?
Me: 30 Him: 33
Married: August 2012
BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
DD: 9/22/2014

Re: Things That Make You Go "Really, WTF?!?!"

• Options
    aww ((hugs)).  Years ago when I came home for the first time my freshman year of college, my dad said to me, "Well looks like you gained that freshman 15."  Gotta love em! 

BFP#1 4/17/2013 EDD 12/25/2013, MC 5/17/2013 8 weeks 3 days D&C 5/18/2013

BFP#2 1/20/2014 EDD 9/28/2014, Baby Evie born on 9/23/2014 at 8:50pm.  6 lbs 15 oz!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    MBanoMBano member
    When you see a baby / young child in the back of a car and the driver has all the windows up, and is smoking.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When people glare at me while I buckle my kids up... I am in my parking spot and they're not near us at all... All I can figure is they don't like that I take their coats/blankets off to buckle them up (as you're supposed to...even if it is below zero!!) Because otherwise it makes NO sense!!!
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    MBanoMBano member
    Another thing, when parents let their kids free. Long story short - I had a neighbor who had a 13 yo daughter. The stooooopid mother let her child smoke weed and cigs WITH HER, let her drink AND let her "guy friends" sleep over. The catch? It was a new guy every week or so. I kid you not. And towards the end of their "stay" (they moved out a few months ago, thank The Lord!) the mother even started to grow her own weed and let her daughter keep it in her room.

I don't even live in a bad area, these were just bad people who happened to live in a prominently good area. Bc of them the cops would be in the lot every month. Now that they're gone we feel safe again.
  • Options
    reverey said:

@carmstr4...
    Anyone (dad or not) jacking off next to a school bus full of kids is fucking whack!! We all just noted the car seat and thought it was an even bigger WTF. Being a dad + masturbating next to kids = double whammy.
    If you must do that shit in the car...for God's sake leave the light off. Better yet...do it at home! SMH.

"Fucking whack" hahahaha perfect words to describe it
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Options
    We told our close family that I was pregnant very early on. At around 10 weeks my MIL said "oh look at the baby bump already!" ...In front of the whole family. I said "uh no...it's just fat belly".

• Options
    jortiz780 said:
    We told our close family that I was pregnant very early on. At around 10 weeks my MIL said "oh look at the baby bump already!" ...In front of the whole family. I said "uh no...it's just fat belly".
    :-( That's horrible!!

• Options
    Sorry @mmason12! That sucks!

Nothing this pregnancy yet, but I have an aunt who always says pretty shitty/WTF things.

I returned from living out of state, and the first thing she said to me before even saying hello was, "Didn't you used to be chubby? You look good now, but I always remember you being a bit chubby." (Mind you, due to a series of unfortunate events, I was grossly underweight at the time.) then she told me God hates my tattoos.

More recently, she was working on her family genealogy book with my grandma and my mom, and was verifying my immediate family's information. She triple checked with my mom that I didn't have any kids, and when my mom said no (extended family doesn't know I'm pregnant) my aunt said, "Well, good. Hopefully, she won't have any for a long time." WTF?

Working on the same book the aunt was giving my mom shit for taking up so many pages (my mom's husband is her third). I wish I remember what my mom said to her because it was hilarious and so NOT my mom, but it put her back in line quickly.

Can't wait to hear what she has to say about our pregnancy.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    Literally happened within the last hour and I'm still crying over it...

At lunch and a man says to us, about the girls, "they're both pretty but she's prettier."

Go f yourself.
  • Options
    @TexasTwinMom I hope you said that to him. That is more fucked up than me having my girls out and hearing 10 times how pretty DD#1's eyes are and never anything nice towards the others! That is bullshit!!!!
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    Less than a month after my MMC last year, my FIL turned to his daughter (my SIL) at family dinner and said "I can't wait until you give me grand kids."
  • Options

A few years back, due to a series of events concerning the ex-h (I was still married at the time), my dog that I had for 6 years needed to be re-homed. Thankfully, my Dad decided to take him in, which worked out so wonderfully for the pooch and my Dad since he's retired and can spend all day with Charlie. My Mom, who was already living out of state at the time for work wasn't too happy about it, but I knew the pup would grow on her immediately, he's just that great of a dog. So after the first weekend she was home with Charlie, she called and did tell me that I was right, he grew on her. She also said "if you can raise your kids like you raised that dog, then I think you'll be just fine, he's awesome." WTF?! Thanks for the backhanded compliment I think! Fast forward 4 years and Charlie is now Dad's best friend and even more spoiled than when I had him, he's a happy hound.

My Mom once said to my husband, "if you raise your kids how you raise your dogs you're in trouble.". My husband immediately looked at her and said, "my goal in raising kids is to teach them to become hard working, responsible, independent adults. My dogs will never be able to eat or drink without me giving them food or water and will never be "independent" -- I'm fairly sure the goal is different and that's a pretty shitty analougly to use.". Her face was priceless and then she said, "true".

• Options
    My principal never got married or had kids - it doesn't excuse what she's said to me, but explains it. When I've gone into her office to chat about any thing - my club, whatever - three times she's said "why are you here? Are you pregnant?" And all three times it's been within a week of a loss. You'd think me crying the first time would tell her to stop asking that question.

imageimage

• Options

This from when I was pregnant with DD. At my baby shower my cousin looked at me and said "are you miserable?" I said no, at 30 weeks I was feeling pretty good. She looked at me and said, "well you will be!" And laughed.
    Who says that to a first time mom? 

Everyone. They all tell us how unhappy and uncomfortable and tired we're going to be. Can we go back to teh 50s when they lied?

When I was preg with my first a lady in the Dr office asked when I was due, I said next week. Her jaw hit the floor, I asked her and she said I'm 24 weeks with one. She was 3 times bigger than I was!!! All I could think about was how miserable she must be but I didn't dare say it.
  • Options
    Ima FTM and my MIL was talking to my hubby one day and asked how I was doing (in the 1st trimester) and he told her that I was starting to get morning sickness. She called me the next day and said she was talking to one of her friends and that she was sick the whole 9m . then she went on to tell me that i just need to "GET OVER IT!"   wtf!? what is that all about? She was so rude about it and I never even said anything about it.. I had only gotten sick once at that point.... Im still p/o about it.
  • Options
    Rosalyn19 said:
    Ima FTM and my MIL was talking to my hubby one day and asked how I was doing (in the 1st trimester) and he told her that I was starting to get morning sickness. She called me the next day and said she was talking to one of her friends and that she was sick the whole 9m . then she went on to tell me that i just need to "GET OVER IT!"   wtf!? what is that all about? She was so rude about it and I never even said anything about it.. I had only gotten sick once at that point.... Im still p/o about it.
    It's the worst when people think they're being helpful too!!

My WTF is when people comment on my taking/eating/drinking certain things.  Whenever I mention that the Dr prescribed Zofran, people ask, is it safe?  Like I'm going to say, hey, you know I didn't ask, thanks for the heads up! SMH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are just starting to tell our family and friends. Nothing pisses me off more than when they reply "Oh I knew because you weren't drinking when I saw you last." Or "I knew because you invited the family for dinner". I have been working straight nights for every weekend this year, I haven't seen anyone hardly at all, or if I have it has been before a night shift. Sorry I wasn't downing a beer with you before I answered 911 calls all night. Just say congratulations asshole!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"