Caribbean Babies

Can you get like, PRE-partum depression?

Is that even a word? Is it possible?

I don't feel very good...

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Can you get like, PRE-partum depression?

• I'm going to call and make an appt w/my pysch doc. I saw her in January but I felt fine.

I'm just fretting about maternity and leave and birth, and S/O isn't being responsive right now about budgeting finances so I can take 12 weeks off, and it's basically all on me to figure out a more 'realistic' leave than 12 weeks, apparently. Well, if he doesn't want to shoulder more financial burden, then I literally can't go on maternity leave, period. I'll need to come back after 2 weeks and not take any short term. He's not comprehending that. I can't take a baby to day care at 2 weeks. I can't work after giving birth 14 days previous. 

And I have a birthing goal in mind, but I can't afford a doula or a home birth or even birth classes and it just makes sad. I'm afraid everything bad is going to happen like it did w/DD's birth and I'm scared and I can't stop being sad about everything.

And I'm doing terrible at work and my boss sees it and basically got me to admit I can't keep up with all my duties and I feel like a moron.

So now I weep in the bathroom. Waaahhhh someone coddle me.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I hate hormones forever!

I ugly cried twice today, so I feel a lot better. DD and me are going to buy a rainbow loom tonight and make bracelets and get ice cream, so I'm looking forward to that tonight.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

pjaimeal[Deleted User]
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry teal. I think perinatal depression definitely exists. I hope you are able to get in with your doctor. And I also hope you have fun tonight!

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Sorry to hear you're feeling this way Teal. Hopefully your doctor has some insight. And I hope you and DD have a blast tonight!
  • Any one can be depressed at any time. Or super anxious! I hope your doctor can help you work out some coping strategies including a way to approach your husband regarding planning for the future. Or you could call me and I'll come over and smack him up side his head for you.

Hang in there, Teal!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • I'm sorry Teal, with those issues I would definitely feel very anxious/depressed. Were you taking any medication prepregnancy?
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• You definitely can. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I hope your doc can help you. Big hugs!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • How are you feeling lately, @tealowl?

I felt better after the weekend, I just keep having bouts of weepiness, which I'm trying to attribute to pregnancy hormones, although thats usually how a bout of depression would start to flare up.

As long as I stay away from stressful convos I'm fine, so I'm not going to bring up my maternity leave to S/O for another couple of months.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"