March 2013 Moms

sippy cup vs bottle

So I'm trying to transition off of formula and bottle-wise she's doing great. However, the literal only thing she will drink from a sippy is water or the occasional smoothie from a straw cup. Now im not necessarily worried about it bc its not like she NEEDS any kind of milk and we're doing soy anyways but it seems odd lol.

I've tried different cups and its a no go. she looks at me like im crazy when i give her anything other than water haha. Anyone elses lo do this? Im feeling like it'll be quite some time before we are bottle free lol

Re: sippy cup vs bottle

• I've been giving DS milk in a cup.  I've added a straw to it and he will drink it, but he also enjoys blowing bubbles into the milk.  When he stops with the straw then I just help him drink directly from the cup.  So far that has worked best for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• Have you done formula in a cup?
  • Loading the player...
  • My dd doesn't fully get the whole sippy cup thing either.  I have tried many different ones.  She likes to play with them and knows to put the spout in her mouth but wont actually drink from it.  I think I might try a straw one

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yeah and she make a yuck face and spit it back out lol.
  • My dd doesn't fully get the whole sippy cup thing either.  I have tried many different ones.  She likes to play with them and knows to put the spout in her mouth but wont actually drink from it.  I think I might try a straw one
    This was DS all the way.  I finally tried a straw one and he totally got it. 

;

• Well my DD is great with the sippys she just won't drink anything but water out of them lol
  • egb+jafegb+jaf member
    edited March 2014
  • Yeah DD loves the straw cups just won't take anything but milk abs smoothies from it
  • Right there with you she will only drink water from the cup. I've tried milk formula a mix of the two in the cup but nope. White liquid in the bottle and water only for her in the cup. And she GUZZELS down water 4 oz in one go sometimes. I guess ill just keep trying and sure will give in eventually. ?..... I hope
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @alwayssinging‌ yep I guess I'll just keep trying but I'm not stressing about it yet
  • i just kept trying. I actually switched to coconut milk, because i was a little worried about her calcium intake (i tracked her food intake and she gets enough protein without milk so its not big deal. it has all the other nutrients besides protein in regular milk) and she drinks that better. She just didn't like the taste of regular milk, and was only drinking water or formula, not even formula mixed with milk.    
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"