March 2012 Moms

Anyone elses kid not exploded? lol

We still haven't had our speech explosion.. I think it's probably partly due to him not attending daycare and other than at museums, parks and outings etc .he really isn't around a lot of kids his age.  I'm not concerned, just curious.  I can't say I'm concerned by the lack of speech explosion since we also haven't had a lot of  the behavior/health issues that accompany the peer to peer interaction either. I am so grateful not to have had to deal with the N word yet... he emphatically shakes his head but so far.. not a single NO has crossed those cute lil lips lol.

He seems to be concentrated in other areas right now .. his chattering has picked up a lot lately, a lot of it is repetitive but not identifiable.  Every now and then he comes out with something completely unexpected that is or seems to be certain words.. but then we don't hear them again.  We also seem to have lost some of the earlier words which he used to say all the time.. like ducky.

His sense of humor has just gotten dryer and more prominent...and his tech head side has definitely shone through lately... which is  probably my fault since I am a geek  with a terrible sense of humor lol  He's shy around people sometimes but despite his lack of day care he is extremely well behaved around other kids, which is more than I can say for some of the kids he comes across...whole different story there, and don't get me started on the parents and lack of parenting in these places we go haha.

We had a breakthrough of sorts with the tooth brushing and eating this last week or so and I think that may have been helped by the eruption of all but one of his last molars...oh pls let that last one come through soon... it can't be far behind, these suckers have been working there way out for months.. napping has been better too... 

anywho.. like I said anyone else still waiting to explode? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone elses kid not exploded? lol

• He doesn't need to be around kids his own age to have the 'speech explosion.' DD has about 3 friends her own age she sees once a week at church but she is around older kids and grown-ups a little more often. I think that helps more as she is hearing more talking and words. But that is getting side-tracked. :)

Last week DD started saying about 5 new words, two of which were "no" and "mine." Most of her words right now are names. And announcing whoever it was that passed gas. "Abby toots!" For awhile, any and all gas was blamed on Mommy. I'm glad that phase has passed at least. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"