May 2012 Moms
Options

WOW - Poopsplosion... LOL

Just a funny story... DD had been having some super loose BM's all week.  I'm not certain what it could be yet as she is happy and eating and totally normal besides the grossness coming out of her...  ANYHOW, so she's in the tub last night and DH comes in to chat with me as she's doing her thing, conditioner in just waiting to rinse.  All of sudden I look at her looking back at me and think WTF is THAT... "OMG SHE'S' POOOOOPING!" but not like a cute little nugget. oh no.  I won't get into details here but do let your imagination run wild as we have been on a cleanse and therefore she has also been getting all kinds of colorful veggies. . .  SOOO I'm like mildly paniked as to what do I do first?  Toys? Baby? Poopish?  LOL luckily DH is a rock and was like "STOP" you take her I'll take tub.  So I whisked DD upstairs to our 2nd bathroom and explain to her very quickly (as she's shivering and soaked) about the shower.  Thank God she's chill and was a tiny bit hesitant but then totally got into it!  We rinsed her hair and played with the soap and she was pissed when I made her get out!  So at the ripe old age of 22 months, she has had her first stand up shower!  LOL  It was SO FUNNY to see her standing there butt naked with her little gut in the shower all by herself!  (the shower is a stand up so I was sitting on the bathroom floor with the handheld shower head)   Aww my little bub is growing up so quick!!! 
Have a good day!!!

Re: WOW - Poopsplosion... LOL

• Options
    Lol. I can just imagine... We actually do showers instead of baths here. She got into a phase where she hated the tub so she showers with me instead. I haven't tried putting her back in the tub because showering is so much easier.
  • Options
    Ewww I hate poop in the bath! Glad dh was there to help!!
    As for tgem shower my kids have all showered with me or alone by 12 months, we mostly do tubs no since I do two at once but when I was pregnant with Lucas Nathan showered with me all the time! So much easier ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been lucky so far and only had one tub poop. That sounds like you had a doozy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    0 bath tub poops to date. I'm knocking on wood as I type this. That's gross. DD does shower often. Always with me, but she loves it. I'd say we give her 70% baths, but sometimes, especially when DH is away, it's easier to have her shower with me so I don't always have to wait for her to be asleep to shower.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

Hilarious! Last night DD pooped in the tub too. Luckily, I recognized the facial expression and I was able to grab a tissue and "catch it" (she was standing up). I cleaned her up good before she could contaminate the water. Not sure what I would have done if it went in the tub and all over the place.

Kids!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    He has figured out that he can make bubbles by farting though (ugh, such a boy lol) so I get scared every damn time!!

i almost just choked on my rice cake.  haha that's great!
  • Options
    We take showers and luckily have not had a poop incident there, but we generally try to shower him after he poops so we're in the clear...same with going in the hot tub, no hot tub until after he's pooped and there's no chance of contaminating 400 gallons of water :)
  • Options
    GromMom your brave is still be using swim diapers in the hot tub :)
  • Options
    bellelamb said:

GromMom your brave is still be using swim diapers in the hot tub :)

I used to use cloth diapers on him but then people kept giving me cute little swim suits. But we did elimination communication with him and he really has a good record for using the potty, plus even if we want to go in, if he has not gone for the day, we wait, so hopefully our odds are good for avoiding an accident as we usually just go in right after he's used the potty.
    But dh also changes the water quite frequently since he uses the water to water the lawn and refills thehot tub with fresh, so I'm sure while it wouldn't be desired, he'd cope with having to clean if we did have an accident.
  • Options
    Poop in the tub is the worst!! We have dealt with that once in awhile but not nearly as bad as what you are describing. You poor lady. 
  • Options
    GromMom that makes sense!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"