Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Nursery Theme Idea! What do YOU think!?!?!

ashleykay102ashleykay102 member
edited March 2014 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
The theme I am thinking about doing for my childs nursery is "Eric Carle". I LOVE LOVE LOVE the illustrations in his books, and think they would be super cute in a nursery. My problem is that I am not sure how available things are within that theme (bedding, wall decor, etc).

What do you guys think!? 
Is it too specific of a theme?
Have you seen items that would go well in it in stores or online?
Other suggestions?

HELP! :]

Re: Nursery Theme Idea! What do YOU think!?!?!

• Options
    asm07asm07 member
    I also love that idea! I'm not sure if they still carry it, but last time I checked Pottery Barn Kids had an adorable crib bedding set and decor for "The Very hungry Caterpillar". You could even just get the crib sheet so you don't waste money on the set.
  • Options
    Great idea! You could keep it simple with a few accessories directly related & then a fitted sheet in primary colors. If want more, someone pobably makes the wall clings to match the theme or you could use a coordinating wall color. Is nice because is fairly open ended.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    asm07 said:
    I also love that idea! I'm not sure if they still carry it, but last time I checked Pottery Barn Kids had an adorable crib bedding set and decor for "The Very hungry Caterpillar". You could even just get the crib sheet so you don't waste money on the set.
    I also saw the bed set on PBK and it is cute! However I have seen this theme gone really wrong! I think that you need to just do a few pieces with the theme. So if you do a bedding theme pull out a color from the bedding and highlight the room with that color. I wouldn't do bedding, curtains, rug, lights and pictures all Eric Carle. 

Eric Carle's style is very vibrant and can be a little overstimulating and IMO nurseries should be calming! 
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    edited March 2014
    I would stick with the primary colors and then do a few specific Eric Carle decorations.  I think the whole bedding, curtains, wall decor, etc. would be overkill.  It definitely could be cute though.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would check etsy.com for wall decals...and perhaps other decor.

I was looking for a different theme and didn't like the wall decals that were commercially available. I found a bunch on test that were amazing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"