Caribbean Babies

Awkward ultrasound tech story!

Went and had my first ultrasound today (and all is well, yay! Still Team Green too).

My last name is still my married one (cuz I'm still not divorced yet, ugh), and the tech asked if I knew so and so - which is my stbxmil. So I told her, "Yes, she's my EX MIL", hoping that would end the convo. Nope, she asks how she was and what she had been up too and if she was re-married, etc...then asked, "She had 3 kids right?" Me: "Yep, I USED to be married to her oldest."

Then she asked if I still talked to her, and I was like, "Nope, not in about 2 years..."

So. Awkward.

My stbxmil used to be a rad tach, so they apparently worked together. OBVIOUSLY I'm totes having a baby with someone else, why do you keep asking about her? I get we have the same last name but sheesh! My Mom still has her married name, but my Dad and her have been divorced for like 14 years...

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Awkward ultrasound tech story!

• People are so dense.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• tealowltealowl member
    edited March 2014

She was a nice lady, just really not getting that I didn't want to discuss that. Why would I? I said EX MIL, and then I said I USED to be married to him. Obviously he's not the dude standing there that impregnanted me.

Good lord lady!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • That's really weird.  Was your SO there?

Yes! I'm surprised he didn't say anything snarky about it when we left, but he was too in love with the ultrasound pics to probably care haha

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

pjaimeal[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • Isn't your last name super common? Weird she would ask.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• My married name isn't terribly common around here, I use my maiden name casually (like on FB, Instagram, etc.) But legal stuff I still have to use the married one.

Now I'm bummed because I really don't want to be associated with the name anymore and it's printed on my ultrasound pictures and it sucks.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Yikes - take a hint, lady.

Glad the scan went well!

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards