Nurseries and Baby Gear

Lightweight Stroller

Hi, I am looking for a good lightweight stroller for my 7 month old. I have an Uppa Baby Cruz now that I love, but would like one that is a bit lighter and easier to fold that I could take on the train and in tighter places (we live in the city). What stroller do you really like? I don't want to spend a million bucks, but am not opposed to spending a decent amount to get something nice since I hope to use it for a long time. What features do you like/dislike about yours?
Off BCP since 1/12
TTC since 3/12
High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
DX with PCOS 11/12
Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
EDD August 11, 2013 
DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lightweight Stroller

• Valco has some options (some of which Amazon has last years models on sale). Have not played with them myself, have heard wonderful things though.

I have a Baby Jogger City mini & don't think I'd want to deal with it on the train (narrower than some strollers; great at zoo, nice big sun shade with peek a boo window). To unfold you need both arms & hands. The initial fold is easy. They have an umbrella stroller coming out this Spring. Not sure about the fold for that. I have worn LO the few time we have used a local train. (Am in suburbs & went into city portion twice that way already)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a Uppababy G-Luxe single that I have loved. We've traveled with it, it folds compact, has an amazing sunshade, and folds compact. The seat is also very soft.

Unfortunately Uppababy didn't have a double stroller so I ended up with a Valco Snap Dual that was lighter weight than the Maclaren. I found out that the single weighs about the same as the G-Luxe so if I were to do it again I may have done the snap because it is super easy to open & close (the double is way easier to use than my single G-luxe-look at it on You Tube),has a huge basket, and one handed push. It also has an amazing parent organization thing on the back and repels dirt. The G-luxe basket is really small and it doesn't push one handed.

Do you know what you want in a lightweight stroller? The Maclarens are nice, I really like the Joovy Groove Ultralight (played with one at a moms group), Bumbleride Flite, & if your looking at used the Aprica Presto is really neat as well. I think it really is going to break down to fold and what your must haves are. There are so many options out there. My advice would be to get something you can open & close in one step easily.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Gluxe and really really like it.

The major things I was looking for..an umbrella that reclined, easy to fold, and good quality. It fit the bill. I like that it also has a kickstand to stand on its own and a shoulder strap to carry over my shoulder.

Our other stroller is the UB Vista. I prefer to Gluxe over it and use it way more

• Thanks! I am going to check these out. I think I do want something that reclines since my little guy is still pretty young. Something lightweight and easy to carry and fold. It would be nice if it had a decent basket too since we might use it while shopping. I never thought about a one handed push, but that is a good point!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

• I have/love Uppa Baby G-lux.

I was actually going to recommend considering the UB G-lite since it is cheaper...but saw you wanted something that reclines.

Only drawback to lightweight strollers is that you can't hang anything off the handlebars unless LO is in the stroller.  Otherwise it tips backwards.  Everything else I LOVE

• JilllyBeanJilllyBean member
    edited March 2014
    So, I guess I 'think' I want it to recline. I am just thinking bc my LO is still small and might nap in it? Maybe it isn't a big deal?

I went to test drive them today and I also liked the Maclaren Triumph. Anyone like that one?

They are all a lot more expensive than I had thought! LOL. 

I also saw this Summer Infant one and it seemed really nice actually, anyone know about this one?

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

• I think a recline is a must have. Even my toddler naps in the stroller.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I love the City Mini! It is lightweight and easy to maneuver. It reclines and has a great canopy. Here are some other ones that get great reviews. HTH!

• but am not opposed to spending a decent amount to get something nice 
    its cuz your rich hmmmmm
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• but am not opposed to spending a decent amount to get something nice 

its cuz your rich hmmmmm

Lol! You know it!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

• lkwmurphy said:

I love the City Mini! It is lightweight and easy to maneuver. It reclines and has a great canopy. Here are some other ones that get great reviews. HTH!

Thanks yeah I am really looking for a true umbrella bc I already have a full featured stroller. The city mini is great though!

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

• You might want to check out the new Mountain Buggy Nano. It is 13lbs and folds small with carrying strap. Downside is basket not huge, canopy is decent (but again not huge). The fold isn't intuitive, but easy enough once you figure it out.
  • I don't see the city mini being much different than the cruz. We are planning to get a g luxe for an umbrella.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• So, I guess I 'think' I want it to recline. I am just thinking bc my LO is still small and might nap in it? Maybe it isn't a big deal?

I went to test drive them today and I also liked the Maclaren Triumph. Anyone like that one?

They are all a lot more expensive than I had thought! LOL. 

I also saw this Summer Infant one and it seemed really nice actually, anyone know about this one?

I opted against the McClaren umbrella (I can't remember the model name) because the UB G-lux was less weight.  And, you are right, the UB was a bit less expensive, though that wasn't my deciding factor.

Honestly, since DD passed the 1 year mark we barely use the recline feature.  It was nice when she was little, though.  I should add that I didn't buy a full size stroll (instead I have a BOB along with the lightweight) so a recline was necessary for me to use this when she was <6mo old.

With a 7-8 month old...I'd get one that reclines.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"