November 2012 Moms

NBR: smart phone

kbl13kbl13 member
edited March 2014 in November 2012 Moms
So, I'm finally going to break down and retire my flip phone. I'm really only doing it for the camera.

Do I want an IPhone or Samsung Galaxy?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: smart phone

• I know it isn't one you asked about, but I love my Nokia windows phone.
  • I love my galaxy. I have the s3. This way I am not held to just Apple.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Ya, I would say if you have a mac, your life is a lot easier if you use an iphone rather than a galaxy. The price point of the iphone is ridiculous though and the new series isn't much of an improvement on the old phones.
  • Iphone has a better camera than the galaxy's imo so if you're looking for that, then go Iphone (disclaimer: I haven't played with the iphone5, just the iphone 4s that hubby had). I know there's supposed to be an android phone with like a 13mg camera but I don't remember which one. I say go in the store and play and see what you think. I have a galaxy s3 and haven't really played with the s4's but I do love my s3. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i love my iphone and my husband loves his galaxy...like PP go and see what you like.  I love the camera on the I4s

• I have a nexus phone (runs android) and I love it! Not a huge fan of the iPhone camera the pics come out grainy IMO. DH has an oppo find 5 and that's my next phone. Great camera and system, plus you can do a multi shutter picture that will rapidly take pics as long as you hold the shutter button down, helps to get the perfect pics every time! But I agree that you have to play with them. The Nokia phones are also great with awesome cameras!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a nexus phone (runs android) and I love it! Not a huge fan of the iPhone camera the pics come out grainy IMO. DH has an oppo find 5 and that's my next phone. Great camera and system, plus you can do a multi shutter picture that will rapidly take pics as long as you hold the shutter button down, helps to get the perfect pics every time! But I agree that you have to play with them. The Nokia phones are also great with awesome cameras!
    which iphone had the grainy pics? I'm just curious :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    All the ones I've ever touched. I don't think Apple makes that great of a camera. If it's a camera I'd go with anything over the iPhone and I hated the update, awful IMO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    All the ones I've ever touched. I don't think Apple makes that great of a camera. If it's a camera I'd go with anything over the iPhone and I hated the update, awful IMO.
    Ahhh.. I've only see the pics before the latest ios updates (like ios 5 si what I'm talking about) and to me they were clearer than what my s3 took :). maybe it all depends on the subject as well :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I heart my iPhone!
  • winecastle14winecastle14 member
    edited March 2014
    I love my Samsung Galaxy. I have an iPhone for work and DH has two iPhones (person and work). He tries not to admit it, but he really likes the functionality of my Android better. I'm Android all the way. 

ETA: I have the S4. The camera is way better than my DH's iPhone5. 

• kbl13kbl13 member
    Thanks for all the input! It kind of sounds like I'll be happy either way... of course anything would be an improvement over my current camera. I have an iPad, but I'm not sure that I'm in love with it. I'll head to the Verizon store this evening to play with both before making a decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• What did you end up getting?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"