July 2014 Moms
Options

diapers for girls

I'm at a complete loss when it comes to diapers. Does any brand work for boys or girls?

If you had a daughter, what brand and kind of diapers would you recommend? I want to register for some but don't know where to start.
imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

Re: diapers for girls

• Options
    I don't think diapers are sex specific except for maybe the patterns. I've used pampers and huggies for DD. Both worked fine for us. Pampers were nice for when she was a newborn because there is a cutout for the umbilical cord stub. Other diaper brands might have that too though
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol @jensavicci I thought so too. Then my Co worker was saying she preferred pampers for girls and huggies for boys.
    imageimage

image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Didn't realize there were gender specific diapers. We do pampers baby dry for DS. I'd be hesitant to register for any, though, as you don't know if your LO will have a sensitivity to any particular brand.
  • Options
    I've never seen gender specific diapers either until recently when I looked at training diapers, I still think it's just the pattern...at least around here.  Personally I really liked Pampers Swaddlers when she was little.  It really will depend on your baby though. Some babies leak in different diapers, some get rashes, etc.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    Ok thanks everyone!
    imageimage

• Options
    I think there used to be sex specific diapers years ago. Now, not so much. :)
  • Options
    Maybe sex specific diapers are found around holidays? (Even then,i think they're like Santa prints. Oh, and denim print was a thing for a while. Never used them) But we use up&up and hugged on the regular and they are neural.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    2ag said:

I loved Pampers Swaddlers with their blue line pee indicator.

I loved these when DD was little, made life a lot easier! Now I just get the Target brand ones for day time and Huggies Overnights for night time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I personally used Huggies and Pampers when DD was really little. I liked the wet indicator. I later switched to Luvs.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have used Huggies and pampers with DS. Neither are specific for girl or boys...just which ever fit best and you prefer!
  • Options
    bgoodbparbgoodbpar member
    edited March 2014
    No girl experience but newborn to 12 months me and DH both HIGHLY preferred pampers swaddlers after trying multiple brands if you're going with disposables. DS had blow outs in all brands but pampers. They aren't sex specific at those stages at least for brands like huggies pampers luvs etc. eventually we switched to baby dry and sometimes buggies because of Costco.Different strokes for different folks though. Just my opinion/experience .

• Options
    I've been buying different brands when I have coupons, but we registered for Swaddlers Sensitive.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    I know what you meant OP-- I have heard that based on absorbency and fit, some diapers are better for one sex or the other. I'm curious as well. I always had best luck with Pampers, any type, but no diaper is leak-proof, esp. with newborn blowouts. In my experience, Huggies would leak around the thighs (be sure to fan out the ruffles to help this) and Pampers leak up the back more.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kmawbkmawb member

As for sex specific diapers, I've never seen that until the bigger sizes (more absorbancy in the middle for girls, in the front for boys) and training pants. But I have heard that some brands can be better for boys vs girls just due to the specific construction of the brand, but whatever diaper works best on you baby is the key. 

We used Pampers sensitive for DD in the begining and then switched to the Pampers Cruisers when she started crawling.  Never had a single leak or blow out and they were the only brand that didn't give her a terrible rash.  We'll be trying those on baby boy first since we have some left over stored away but then will go with whatever brand works best for him.

Thanks for the tip (no pun intended) @zarkarella, I had heard that from some of my mamma friends who have boys but had forgotten.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I volunteer in the NICU & they use Pampers Swaddlers. They are great. Apparently though someone higher up recently decided to switch to Huggies & every nurse hates them. Mainly because on tiny babies the Pampers tabs can overlap & stick to each other but you can't do that with the Huggies.
  • Options

I used a Walmart brand w/DD, I loved Huggies but couldn't ever afford them. Luvs felt too plasticky to me. This was back in 2001-2003 so I'm sure plenty is different now.

Oh, plasticky is a word now.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I was just planning on using Pampers like I have with my boys...
  • Options
    Walmart ones have the pee indicator now! I always go pampers swaddles sensitive in the beginning and then switch to walmart.

Op, No difference on the boy/girl until later, from my knowledge.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    They did make sex-specific diapers in the 90s! My little sister was born in 1991 and I remember those things. I hate to tell you, but it's really impossible to know what's gonna work for your kid before they're here. My daughter was in pampers until we ran out of gifted diapers (every single gifted package was pampers!). Then we tried them all out and stayed with pampers until she started walking, when we switched to walmart brand. She's a super skinny butt and they work great for her.
    My iPad apologizes for it's lack of formatting.

image   image

• Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Seems like a lot of hospitals use pampers swaddlers so I'll just throw those on the registry and hope that's what people get us. Then I can always give the extras away to friends having babies after us. A co worker offered me his swaddlers they had left over from his daughter.
    imageimage

• Options
    I know I commented on this earlier, but looks like it didn't post. Grrr!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    You could use cloth and go with girly printed covers ;) But for disposables I really like Pampers Sensitive and they work for boys and girls!
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"