Caribbean Babies
Options

VICTORY. (total and complete AW shit)

So guess who called my husband last week and said "I'm moving out"?

OUR HOUSE IS GOING TO BE OURS. FIIINALLY.

Apparently all of the time I've been thinking my FIL just didn't want to leave? Yeah, totally wasted. He's been more than ready to go. BUT DH has not been telling his dad just how bad it got here in the house and how we wanted the house or we were leaving. Long story, but my sweet husband has some daddy issues and is always terrified of pissing him off or "losing" him.

My FIL told him that was crap, to quit being so afraid to talk to him.

So FIL and BIL are moving out in the next month or so! They're actually moving into a house that's about four houses away from us. Everyone on this street has lived here since the 70s. The man who owned the house they're renting, Mr. Anthony, was the sweetest WWII vet that would let us take the kids fishing in his catfish pond. He recently passed away and his house has been sitting empty. My FIL called Mr. Anthony's daughter (she lives behind him) and asked if he could rent it. She was overjoyed because she knows him and didn't want to lose her father's home to a bunch of strangers.

SO YAY ALL AROUND.

I am so... oh God. I'm so excited. I keep worrying that it won't work out or something will change, but DH has already bought gallons of Kilz primer to start painting all of the walls (This house was built in 1973 and was smoked in until we moved in a year ago. IT NEEDS THE KILZ.) and making his supply list to patch holes in the walls, etc. So, I'm going with it. FIL hates paying for a house he's not in, he hates that his shitty son (BIL, not DH) is such a brat (FIL's fault and he fully admits this) and is putting a stop to it all.

AHHH. I WANT TO SCREAM IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.

Best part? FIL has not told BIL one bit of this. He has NO idea until FIL shows up with boxes and says "Pack your shit." I am so grateful for this because BIL can manipulate FIL and I was worried he would whine about leaving this house and FIL would give in. But he's not telling him!

So we are now FINALLY going to own our own home. We have a full basement with bathroom for DH's man-cave/playroom, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a huge kitchen and living room, an enormous deck and fourteen acres. I can't believe it. Pinch me.

(Sorry to be a total AW, but you guys have been so supportive and nice over the last few months as I've bitched about this. I figured we could all toast our pretend margaritas to me having a house. You're all invited to come party with me now. NOW.)
----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.

Re: VICTORY. (total and complete AW shit)

• Options
    Congratulations!!! Can we have fajita's with our margaritas too?

**stuck in gray**

DUH. And all the queso dip. ALL OF IT.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    That's awesome news! So glad you finally get the house to yourself! No more stress dealing with BIL!
    photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great news! Yay for having the house to yourselves!
  • Options
    Congrats!! So glad it all ended up working out :)

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Great news! I know this was a major source of stress for you. Yay for your own house!!!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    Awesome news! I can't imagine how much better you must feel.
  • Options
    Wow! That house and property sound like a dream come true!!! Congratulations!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Glad to hear a solution has been found!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    This is the best news I've heard this week! Congrats on your 'new' home!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"