C-sections
Options

Pregnant too soon?

We had our second child at the end of September 2013 which ended up as a c section. We were done having children so I went on the pill and DH was going to get snipped within the first few months but still has yet to do so. Well the pill apparently wasn't enough because we recently found out were expecting and already 2 months along. My question is has anyone gotten pregnant so soon after a c section? Did everything go smoothly? I'm really nervous on how this can affect the pregnancy considering both my previous pregnancies have been complicated and I've never gone full term! Any advice would be helpful, thanks ladies!!

Re: Pregnant too soon?

• Options
    My closest gap is 16 months (sounds like yours is closer to a year) my doctor is basically a 'well we'll watch ya closer since there's nothing to do now' but I have uneventful pregnancies and haven't ever gone into labor on my own. Congrats and hoping for a H&H pregnancy!!
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    I had a friend who had one in January and one in December of the same year. She had a third 16 months after the second. She was ok. Congratulations on your little surprise and I hope everything goes well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice but congrats! I wish you a H&H pregnancy as PP. I think you will be fine as long as your doctor knows about your situation and monitors closely.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    Thank you ladies!! Def overwhelmed but hopefully things go well! :)
  • Options
    Congrats! I hope to get preg again 3-6 mos after my first csec this may! My Dr says it's ok :-)
  • Options
    Mine will be 11 months apart. I've had a lot of pain at my incision site and severe anemia (requiring IV infusions of iron) but overall my LO has been healthy. Congrats!
  • Options
    Mine aren't that close. ..DD will be under 17 mo when the triplets are born, but everything's been fine.
  • Options
    My 3rd c/s will be 13 months after my 2nd. Pay attention to any pain but remember the risk is small and try not to worry :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"