November 2012 Moms

Rash

Benjamin has a rash all over his back. Started as red bumps and the. Then Turned into hive looking rash. Took him to pedi. He didn't have anything new for breakfast or anything and that's when I noticed it because he was itchy.
Dr said she thinks it's an allergic reaction. But I'm annoyed because I can't think of anything! I gave him Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream but it's still there. He isn't bothered and he doesn't have a fever. I just wish I knew what caused it. I hope it's gone by tomorrow or I will worry all weekend.
He had his shots Monday but nothing that can cause a rash like the mmr can. I don't like not having a clear reason why.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Rash

• DD had her shots last week and a few days later she broke out into hives.  She had a rash from the MMR too, but this one was different (all over a super big marks).  Our pedi wasn't concerned since DD didn't have a fever or wasn't scratching it.  I know that none of the vaccines DD got listed a rash for a side effect, but our pedi thinks that what DD's rash is from.   

• LBStewart said:

DD had her shots last week and a few days later she broke out into hives.  She had a rash from the MMR too, but this one was different (all over a super big marks).  Our pedi wasn't concerned since DD didn't have a fever or wasn't scratching it.  I know that none of the vaccines DD got listed a rash for a side effect, but our pedi thinks that what DD's rash is from.   

Thanks. Makes me feel better. He was itchy earlier but not after the cream. I got nervous and gave him Benadryl later today. But since he hasn't had any new food or anything new as far as lotion, detergent and whatnot I can't figure it out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been dealing with a mystery rash since the end of January, with no clear cause, so I definitely get your frustration.  Apparently rashes can be very difficult to pinpoint.  Hopefully Benjamin's goes away soon!
    kids with flags
  • Sorry. When Vincent reacted to penicillin he had huge red hives. Broke my heart. Hope you figure it out and that it goes away soon!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"