October 2014 Moms

Faces challenge (nm)

MagentaMouseMagentaMouse member
edited February 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Sorry for my stupid idea, ladies. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my pointlessness or my hot pink text. Obviously being a noob around here isn't the best.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Faces challenge (nm)

• KingLEDKingLED member
    edited February 2014
    Why?  What's the point in using the emoticons if you don't actually have an emotion you're trying to convey?  I don't think I get how this would be fun.

Also, hot pink text is really annoying to read.  Black text is your friend.

ETA:  Since the DD

I always pull down the faces menu and there are so many great ones I can never find a way to use. Challenge: use all the emoticons in the dropdown menu on this thread - but you have to post something that totally goes with the emoticon. GO!

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Sheesh. Why not? I think the emoticons are adorable and I wish I had more opportunities to use them. You don't have to share my opinion! :bz
  • Loading the player...
  • B-) I totally just stole the last bag of cheetos out of the vending machine.

I haven't had cheetos in like 8 years. And now I feel like I need them.

p.s. I think the game is fun.

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• dana2die4dana2die4 member
    edited February 2014
    We were supposed to leave for Vegas at 12pm, but of course DH got called in to work. Its now 3:45 and I am  X(

• Ah what the hell.......

I'm having some ~O) and it's divine!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @ellyd14, what's the "DD" in this instance?
  • Sorry for my stupid idea, ladies. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my pointlessness or my hot pink text. Obviously being a noob around here isn't the best.
    Just because ONE person thinks its stupid, doesn't mean its stupid! And I happen to LOVE pink text :) Lets play  \:D/

• @ellyd14, what's the "DD" in this instance?
    Dirty delete.  It's really shitty to delete your posts.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

• Sorry for my stupid idea, ladies. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my pointlessness or my hot pink text. Obviously being a noob around here isn't the best.
    And we're all new here.  This board has only been up for like a month.
  • Aww, thanks @dana2die4! I also love pink text...obvi :@) ...pink like pigs, of course.
  • dana2die4 said:
    Sorry for my stupid idea, ladies. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my pointlessness or my hot pink text. Obviously being a noob around here isn't the best.
    Just because ONE person thinks its stupid, doesn't mean its stupid! And I happen to LOVE pink text :) Lets play  \:D/
  • MagentaMouseMagentaMouse member
    edited March 2014
    @ellyd14, what's the "DD" in this instance?
    Dirty delete.  It's really shitty to delete your posts.
    @ellyd14, I meant new to TB, not new to the board. Obviously we're all new to this board. You could have cautioned me about the so-called "dirty delete" instead of just reposting and then bringing out the expletives. It's impossible to pick up all the rules just by reading the guidelines page. The only way we true newbies will learn comprehensively is if veterans help us out. I certainly won't delete again - I really do want to follow the rules and be a welcome part of this awesome community.

*edited for quote
  • KingLEDKingLED member
    edited March 2014
    @ellyd14, I meant new to TB, not new to the board. Obviously we're all new to this board. You could have cautioned me about the so-called "dirty delete" instead of just reposting. It's impossible to pick up all the rules just by reading the guidelines page. The only way we true newbies will learn comprehensively is if veterans help us out. I certainly won't delete again - I really do want to follow the rules and be a welcome part of this awesome community.
    I'm not here to hold your hand.  If you want to figure things out look around and figure them out. 

ETA:  Me telling you what a DD is and informing you that it's shitty to do was me helping you.  You're welcome.
  • @ellyd14, like I said, it's IMPOSSIBLE to pick up on all the rules just by looking around. It takes time. There's no reason to resist being nice and helpful - it's not like it would take much longer, and you'd be helping someone in the process. Giving a tip here and there is not handholding. I don't get your 'tude, girl.
  • Don't let anyone bother you. It's apart of learning two things:

1. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and they will tell you.
    2. Just because one doesn't like you, doesn't mean others won't like it.

Keep your chin up. Other than one person, the people I thought of as rude (there were only like 3) I've learned are each really great people.

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Don't let anyone bother you. It's apart of learning two things:

1. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and they will tell you.
    2. Just because one doesn't like you, doesn't mean others won't like it.

Keep your chin up. Other than one person, the people I thought of as rude (there were only like 3) I've learned are each really great people.

This is good advice.  And I never said I didn't like you, I said I don't see the point in your game.  Getting your panties in a bunch because one person, on a board of literally hundreds of people, said something that wasn't what you wanted is a bit excessive.
  • Hey now, all I said is that I don't understand your attitude. And, in a roundabout way, that I disagree with your opinion on this subject and your method of delivering information. It's all good though, my skin is thick and my panties are just fine, thanks!
  • KingLEDKingLED member
    edited March 2014
    Hey now, all I said is that I don't understand your attitude. And, in a roundabout way, that I disagree with your opinion on this subject and your method of delivering information. It's all good though, my skin is thick and my panties are just fine, thanks!
    Glad to hear it.  I promise I wasn't intending to sound mean.  I'm just blunt.  It is what it is.  Glad your panties are in tact.
    \:D/   <---- my peace offering.
    edited March 2014
    EllyD14 said:
    Hey now, all I said is that I don't understand your attitude. And, in a roundabout way, that I disagree with your opinion on this subject and your method of delivering information. It's all good though, my skin is thick and my panties are just fine, thanks!
    Glad to hear it.  I promise I wasn't intending to sound mean.  I'm just blunt.  It is what it is.  Glad you're panties are in tact.
    \:D/   <---- my peace offering.
    That's a good one. Thanks  :O)
    *edited cuz my darn awesome emoticon wasn't working
  • @EllyD14
    :-@

Jk

:-*

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• DH brought home tasty food and I'm laying on the couch trying not to throw up instead of enjoying it :((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Can I play multiples!?

I've been like this :-& all day. Then, right when I was about to puke, DH was all " 8-|, please, you wanted this." So I was all like >-) and ~X( " Then I I-) and woke up like ;;) . DH and I called a truce and sat down to watch Modern Family (which I was like =)) ) so now Im all :D
    photo DSC_7607-Version2_zps4129cb9d.jpg funny gifs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Most of the time I'm bumping from my phone and can't make out what the little emoticons are supposed to be.  :-S
    edited March 2014
    BabyBsOven, I wish I could octuple-love your post. Looks like mad libs  <:-P

Edit: NO! It looks like one of those kids' books with the pictures interspersed with the words, where you're supposed to press a sound button to go with each picture
  • kibyloukibylou member
    edited March 2014
    :-h I have never used an emoticon on here! Don't worry about being a noob. Glad you are here! Welcome!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I'm bumping from my phone and want to use an emoticon, I use my fat fingers and  [-O< it's the right one so I don't have to edit.
    Anniversary
  • :\"> this entire thread just made me emotional :(( I'm a sap.
  • =D> OP (original poster) - I'm glad you have thick skin. You're going to be ok. Welcome  <:-P

imageimage

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"