July 2013 Moms
Options

Have you experienced this?

I started feeling ovary/right side pelvic pain during my flight to Phoenix. I got some Tylenol & am laying down waiting for my BFF to come get me etc.

This pain feels sort of like gas, kind of like menstrual cramp-- but more like someone is trying to twist my ovary & rip it out. It's tolerable now because I'm laying down charging my phone here in baggage claim. I probably look ridic but IDGAF.

I took an HPT last week that was negative, but I plan on testing tonight or tomorrow. The likelihood of being KU is low, but I've never experienced this.

I've only had one cyst in my life, but it felt similar. I've only had one PP period, & none since. No spotting. Just pain that is somewhat comparable to very early labor.

Uncomfortable enough. Jul13, can you lend me your experiences & advice?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Have you experienced this?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    mermomo5 said:

Yes. Awful . Mine had no rhyme or reason. I hope you feel better :)

Thank you love. Yow! :((

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had a cyst and it kind of felt like what I'd imagine your appendix bursting feeling like? That's what I thought it was. Could it be your appendix? I hope you feel better and keep us updated!

God I hope not. :| it's on the right side-- is that the appendix? Please let it be my period, cyst, KU-- appendectomy scares me. :(

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I get weird pain there too but higher. I get mine like under my hip bone. Not sure if it was cysts, I don't think my doctor said that pain was cysts (and I've still got about 10cm of cysts in me).

Feel better though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    atlvolatlvol member
    edited February 2014
    Appendix is on right side, yes. When I had to get mine taken out I was doubled over and couldn't walk. I did not have a fever, but I think a fever is common if it is appendicitis. I hope you feel better!

ETA: my entire mid section hurt, it didn't feel localized on my right side.that doesn't sound worded correctly, oh well. :)
  • Options
    atlvol said:

Appendix is on right side, yes. When I had to get mine taken out I was doubled over and couldn't walk. I did not have a fever, but I think a fever is common if it is appendicitis. I hope you feel better!

The pain isn't quite that bad. Then again my pain tolerance is quite high. No fever. The Tylenol seems to be kicking it's ass.

Thank you ladies! I knew I could count on Jul13!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I had this problem for months. These were the three reasons given to me:

Doctor #1: We don't know. Maybe it's a cyst since you have a history of them. Maybe it's a UTI (wtf, no other symptoms). IDK.

Doctor #2: First doctor is an idiot. It's muscle/ligament related and you need PT for your hips because of baby.

Chiropractor (upon Dr #2 recommendation to start there before PT): It's probably your little valve between the small and large intestine getting stuck shut which causes inflammation. Do this *uses two fingers and rubs counter-clockwise where it hurts* when it starts hurting.

I'm thinking the chiropractor was right because I haven't had it on that side since. And when it pokes it's head up like it wants to hurt, I rub the circles and it stops hurting. 

My left side, however, has been having aches and pains still.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @littleredm : interesting. I'm sorry you have this. It's not comfortable at all. :(

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Sorry you feel crappy :( I hope you feel better soon

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options

Wait...... You're In Phoenix???? I would be honored to meet the famous @PrimRiseMama! ;)

Sorry you feel like crap. I've had a similar type of pain and it blows. Hope you feel better so you're able to enjoy our amazeballs weather!

I was going to say the same thing. I have pains like that but not that bad. My ovary hide behind my uterus. Maybe yours got shifted around after baby. I hope you feel better.
  • Options
    Yesssss. I have a cyst on my left ovary that showed up a few months ago. Super painful.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Honestly, I would probably get it checked out. I'm sorry. :( hope you can figure out what's wrong!
  • Options
    I've never had a cyst but the pain sounds similar to my etopic. Hope it turns out to be nothing major and your pain goes away.
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I've had cysts that feel this way. It's awful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No advice but I hope you feel better soon and figure out what's causing the pain! Hope you can enjoy your trip!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    No advice, but hope it goes away soon so you can enjoy your trip!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've had a cyst and it kind of felt like what I'd imagine your appendix bursting feeling like? That's what I thought it was. Could it be your appendix? I hope you feel better and keep us updated!
    God I hope not. :| it's on the right side-- is that the appendix? Please let it be my period, cyst, KU-- appendectomy scares me. :(

This exactly. Had a cyst on my right and felt like I was dying inside ( sorry :( ) when it ruptured. Almost had DH take me to emerge because I thought it was my appendix. You have all my sorries! It totally sucks. Just rest, lie down, don't move too much and feel better soon!
  • Options
    I get ovarian cysts a lot and it sounds a lot like what you are describing. So sorry, definitely get it checked out if it continues hurting or if you develop a fever.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My sister went to urgent care for a similar sounding issue recently. They couldn't find anything wrong after sending her to the hospital and running multiple tests. Apparently there's some kind of virus floating around causing these symptoms. That's what the ultimate decision ended up being. Feel better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to the restroom & took a hot shower. I feel so much better. Thank you for being awesome! :x

@Robynloureed & other Phoenix peeps: we are leaving early tomorrow but we want to get breakfast somewhere. Do we want to plan. GTG for breakfast? I know it's way last minute-- but PM me.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    PrimRoseMama PM sent but I forgot to copy @Robynloureed. I think we are the only 2 here.
  • Options
    Omg it's back this morning. WTAF. I know I'm booking an appointment ASAP when I get home. Damn it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I get this exact pain. I haven't discussed it with the doctor yet; I have my OB checkup on Wed and intend to bring it up with him then. I too have a history of cysts on that ovary, so maybe it is that?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the pain is back. Is the Tylenol still working to help alleviate some?

• Options

Sorry to hear the pain is back. Is the Tylenol still working to help alleviate some?

Sort of. I'm switching to ibuprofen with the next dose

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    mandyrator79mandyrator79 member
    edited March 2014
    Sorry you're dealing with this. Sucks that you're traveling on top of it. I had a cyst pop when I was like 16/17. The pain was so bad that I could not stand up straight or hardly walk. My mom rushed me to the ER. It did take a few days for the pain to completely go away. Most months I can feel ovulation, and some months the pain is pretty annoying and it bothers me for a good 24+ hours.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"