April 2014 Moms
Options

How far are you allowed to go?

My doctor said it's the hospital's policy to induce at 41 weeks. I'm a little nervous about it since I don't think that's enough time, I've always thought it's 2 weeks? How long overdue will your doctors let you go before you induce?

Re: How far are you allowed to go?

• Options
    They'll let me go to 42 on my own and then start natural induction methods.
  • Options
    Last time induction talk would've started at my 42 week appt. this time 41 because I have gd. I think 41 is typical for a lot of obs.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    41 weeks for me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    41-42 weeks typically

• Options
    10 days for me since I'm VBAC, says the OB. The midwives 43, though I personally would be begging to be put out of my misery long before that.
  • Options
    I think 42 for me with my midwives. I'm pretty sure it was 41 with my previous OB practice. I had GD with DS so at 40 weeks they already scheduled an induction but he came before then. (Induction set for like 40w5d and he was born 40w2d)

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Options
    My doc said a week is the limit
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    My OB said they won't let me go past 42 weeks, so I suppose they'd induce shortly before then if necessary.
  • Options
    My doc said at my 40 week appointment we'd schedule my induction for a week later and most of the time the mother goes into labor during that week. She knows it's something I want to avoid so I think she's just saying it to make me feel better!
  • Options
    Normally, our OB would induce at 42 weeks. I'm trying a VBAC this time, and the hospital won't allow induction on anyone who has had a previous C-section because of the increased risk of rupture. If labor doesn't start naturally by 40 weeks, I will have a C-section at 40w1d.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    They start talking about induction at 41 weeks.
  • Options
    I haven't asked.  I assume 42?  Dunno!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My OB told me yesterday she'll only let me go a day or two past 40 weeks since I'm on insulin for GD.  6 weeks or less, basically! *gulp*

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    My doctor won't let people go past 41 weeks.
  • Options
    42 is the max
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My midwives will induce at 43 weeks provided baby and I are healthy. Starting at 42 weeks they do daily checks.
  • Options
    38 weeks (twins)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Somewhere between 41 and 42 weeks.  After that they worry about the placenta breaking down and causing stress on the baby.
  • Options
    They induced me last time at 42w2d. I had weekly ultrasounds starting at 40 weeks. Different doctor this time and he said he doesn't go past 41 weeks.
  • Options
    42 weeks, although for dd2 I went to 42.3 because I was fine and they were crazy busy. I'm trying for a vba2c this time and its still 42 weeks but they already told me that that Friday is it. I won't get lucky again. Hah
  • Options
    i think my practice starts the conversation at the 41 week appointment, and plans the induction for the 42 week mark (or possibly the few days before then).  my practice is pretty natural-friendly though.
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be a sex question. :-\"

My c-section will be scheduled between 38-39 weeks.
  • Options
    I've been told that they'll let me go to 42 weeks. I only just recently learned that the placenta can begin to age at that point where the baby may get less oxygen as a result. I'd definitely try all of the natural options at my disposal first. In fact, I may start trying those at 38 weeks...
    image   image 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My doc said they'll do an u/s at 40 weeks and again at 41, but that sometime between 41 and 42 she would want to induce

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    42 weeks with my midwife.
  • Options
    I'm delivering sometime between 38-39 weeks, I've had lots of different medical stuff come up on top of diabetes.  I'm so ready to be done though, having contractions since Monday night off and on is exhausting.  I basically have 3-4 weeks left, and I'm hoping its 3. 
  • Options
    Your doc can have their own preferences, but it is up to you to decide. Lots of women have 43 week gestations; some have 37 and that's where the average of 40 weeks comes from- it's just an estimate. I would not consent to induction, unless there was a danger...they will monitor you daily after 42 weeks, and you can do whatever you choose. They can't force you to induce. Baby WILL come out (my MW says they always come out- they never stay in) :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image   

BFP #2 03/01/13 EDD 11/12/13 MC and D&C 04/29/13 @ 12 weeks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

mean_girls_35345]       image BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'd have to schedule an induction after 42 weeks, before 43.
  • Options
    The hospital where I am delivering only waits until 41w....
  • Options
    I'm VBAC and haven't asked my new OB yet, but I'm hoping for 41 weeks before they'd do the RCS. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning another VBAC, but my hospital's policy is to wait until 42 weeks. I've never made it to my due date, so I'm hoping that won't come to pass. I can't be "induced" only "augmented" so if I didn't start on my own, it would likely mean another surgery, which I absolutely don't want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OB generally likes to induce at 41 weeks because of the risk of placenta failure but she said that if a patient insists on going to 42 weeks she won't go past 42 weeks. She also requires u/s and extra monitoring during the overdue weeks. An u/s showed my amniotic fluid was half of what it should be at so I was induced at 41 weeks.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My doc doesn't like to go past 41 wks. He noted that when my DD was born at 40w4d, my placenta had begun to calcify, so I don't know what that means for us this time.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    42 weeks, which I'm happy about. The midwives emphasized that 37-39 is pre-term, 39-40 is term (can't totally remember if 39 was term or pre-term), and 40-42 is late-term, with an emphasis on the word term in all of those (i.e. anything in that range is normal). They are big on encouraging natural labor, so try to avoid induction whenever possible. 

TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    10 days after due date is standard here.
    mine said about the same. If I'm 10 days past they will start looking at induction. However, they can't force you to be induced so that's a decision you need to make on your own.
  • Options
    VBAC with twins- 37weeks for most. If I don't go I to labor on my own in the next couple weeks (34) they said bc of my history w shoulder fistic is and they dot like to deliver BIG VBAC twins (which mine are BIG already), they won't induce, but do a c/s at 37. :(
  • Options
    Since I have high BP they are inducing at 40w1d. Crossing my fingers I go into labor before that!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think my OB would give to 42. With my history it'll probably be 39 though.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    For my VBAC, I have until 40w4d to go naturally before I have a RCS.

My OB's policy for normal patients is to discuss induction at 41 weeks and schedule sometime around 42.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    It's crazy to me that some OBs would talk induction at 40 weeks when the average first time mom goes until 41w,1d anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"