June 2013 Moms

PW: Now decorate me :)

@numbersgirl08 Just for you! I need decorating ideas for these 2 rooms. The first is our master bed.

Our aspen bed is on the left and our dresser and a fake fireplace are on the right wall. The door goes outside to a little garden patio. It's such a big open awkward space! Ignore the cords hanging - we're repainting the ceiling :)

The second is this weird room at the base of the staircase that wraps around. I don't know what to put in there besides the gun case. I already have a workout area, crafts area, and playroom for LO.

Re: PW: Now decorate me :)

• Ok, if it were me, that weird space would TOTALLY be a library.  But I'm a book worm and hoard books like they are going to all disappear (which I kind of tell my husband they might - with ereaders and all - and one day my books might be collectibles, who knows).  So if you like books, you could do built ins and turn it into a library with a really comfy reading chair.

Do you need an office?  It looks like a decent space for an office.

I'll keep thinking about different uses for that room.

Regarding your bedroom, that space looks great!  The bed makes it look like you like rustic type things.  I'm personally not a huge fan of tan walls and if you want a neutral on the wall, I prefer a bright white or a gray.  I don't think gray would look great with your bed but a bright white would look good - BUT you'd have to have enough artwork/etc to cover the walls.  I love seeing huge maps on walls and that would look cool with your bed, if you have a wall big enough.  

Another bedroom idea is to paint the walls a color - maybe a moss green?  Or a sky blue?  Either would look good with your bed and floor.

I also like the idea of a quilt on your bed.  Either that or something with graphic florals (not granny florals).

Oooo another idea would be to paint your bed frame white.  It's a very interesting frame and I think it would look cool white.  Especially if you painted the walls a color like blue or gray or green.

I'm just kind of spouting ideas.  Bedrooms are very taste specific and mood specific.  It depends a lot on what kind of mood you want to go for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @numbersgirl08

This is another trouble room haha. As you can see, there are LOTS of places for books in my office :)

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm... I would either paint the wooden walls behind the bookcases or paint the bookcases themselves.  It's a little dark in there.  And I'd probably add a thin-pile rug on top of the carpet to add some interest and pattern.  Offices are hard though - it's not easy to do fun things in them!

But yeah, I guess that takes the need for a library away.  The other space could still be a reading nook now.  I could totally see it also being a cool kids-getaway when LO gets older.  I loved using random rooms/closets as reading places, forts, club rooms, etc. when I was a kid.
  • Sitting room/area? If it were me i'd put a small couch with your tv. Maybe a vanity in the corner. 

Maybe something like this:

image image
    imageimage
  • Regarding your bedroom, that space looks great!  The bed makes it look like you like rustic type things.  I'm personally not a huge fan of tan walls and if you want a neutral on the wall, I prefer a bright white or a gray.  I don't think gray would look great with your bed but a bright white would look good - BUT you'd have to have enough artwork/etc to cover the walls.  I love seeing huge maps on walls and that would look cool with your bed, if you have a wall big enough.  

Another bedroom idea is to paint the walls a color - maybe a moss green?  Or a sky blue?  Either would look good with your bed and floor.

I also like the idea of a quilt on your bed.  Either that or something with graphic florals (not granny florals).

Oooo another idea would be to paint your bed frame white.  It's a very interesting frame and I think it would look cool white.  Especially if you painted the walls a color like blue or gray or green.

I'm just kind of spouting ideas.  Bedrooms are very taste specific and mood specific.  It depends a lot on what kind of mood you want to go for.
    DH made the bed out of aspen he cut down with his own hands, so I definitely wouldn't paint it :)  We do like the rustic decor.  We actually have a quilt my mom made on the bed that has some purples on it.  We do plan on repainting the room but haven't gotten there yet.  Suggestions for wall color to go with the aspen and purple colors of the quilt? 

I was thinking of doing a little sitting area in that empty space. 
  • numbersgirl08numbersgirl08 member
    edited February 2014
    That's so cool that he made that!  Definitely don't paint it then! 

Can you post a pic of the quilt?  I love quilts - we have one on our guest bed that my grandmother made.  They have to be decorated around well though - they can turn hokey really quick.  But they're so COOL!

I like the idea of a sitting area too.  Maybe furniture that is clean/modern lines and solid colors to counterbalance the bed and quilt?
  • I also recommend going to pinterest and searching "modern rustic bedroom" to get some ideas for how you might want it to look.  Pinterest is full of great ideas!
  • @micabush said:

@kelly422 don't take this the wrong way but can I come live with you? I love your house with the "weirdo" spaces!!

Haha only if you decorate them for me! I have a lot of other weirdo spaces that I didn't even post! :)
  • Is that darker color like a charcoal gray or is it blue? I can't tell on my phone now. And is that purple?
  • Is that darker color like a charcoal gray or is it blue? I can't tell on my phone now. And is that purple?
    The dark border and squares are a dark purple. The stripe around the edge is a green mixed with purple (looks like leaves and branches) and the light color is an off-white cream color. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"