December 2013 Moms
Options

cries all day

The past few days, Anya has been crying/whining whenever she is awake.  She is also not really napping like she used to.  I am waiting for the Dr. to call back, but any ideas why?  She gets to the point sometimes where she is choking from crying so bad.

Re: cries all day

• Options
    My baby is colic so that is a normal day for me the doctor told me it would get better
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    Gas? Colic? Growth spurt?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

10 I tried pushing her legs, feeding her everything...still crying.   I was thinking colic, but it just started, although I guess that can happen.

• Options

gripe water is all I gave her

• Options
    Thank you, I will try that. 

• Options
    Doesn't hurt to take her to the pediatrician to see if there's something going on, DS is fussier than usual I think because he has thrush and his mouth hurts him. Poor thing! But could just be colic and you do the best you can and wait until they get past it I guess.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Or try different position - hold her over shoulder or lay her on her side or whatever isn't the normal position. Try the swing or rocker or just something new...
  • Options
    she is in her car seat sleeping now.  I just feel so bad when she cries.

• Options
    Are you breastfeeding or formula?

• Options
    breastfeeding.  Ithought maybe it was something I ate, but I have not eaten anything new.

• Options
    ScarlettVScarlettV member
    edited February 2014
    Have you ever had issues with oversupply or anything? Too much foremilk will make them gassy and before I figured this out LO spent two weeks screaming his head off all day

Edit: or, on the other hand is he getting enough?

• Options
    My DS has been doing this too since yesterday. It is heartbreaking. I posted that I thought it might be from vaccines, which we had Tuesday. My pedi thinks it is from stomach upset since he has had some blood in his stool lately (not a new thing but has resurfaced only recently). It makes it so hard to get through the day when they cry every time they are awake. I can seriously empathize. Hope your LO is back to normal soon.
  • Options
    I'm having this problem now with J. I think he's gassy, then gets cranky, then over tired and crankier. Using gas drops and gripe water. He will only fall asleep on me. P.S. Gripe water is amazing for his hiccups!
  • Options
    ScarlettV said:
    Have you ever had issues with oversupply or anything? Too much foremilk will make them gassy and before I figured this out LO spent two weeks screaming his head off all day Edit: or, on the other hand is he getting enough?

I think it may be oversupply at times..especially middle of the night.  Two nights ago she started screaming while nursing and milk spilled out of her mouth everywhere. 

• Options
    she was starting to sleep when we got home so I left her.

• Options
    Try Tummy Calm. It really helped Cecelia. It seemed to take the edge off of her gas until I found out about her milk issue. It's herbal and free of typical allergens.

Also, I started the 5 S's when she gets crazy. My typically unswaddled baby fought me until she was wrapped up, on her side in my arms, paci, shhhing, and close to my fac
  • Options
    ChiAmy said:

I let LO stay in his car seat sometimes too when he falls asleep after we get home.

You can try nursing while side lying at night; that helped us a lot.

• Options
    @ScarlettV I hadn't heard that too much foremilk could make them gassy. I suspect I have OS and LO gets a lot of foremilk, but she almost never gives the "full" signals she's get from taking in hindmilk (usually just falls asleep, nipple in mouth). She is really gassy, I give her gas drops, but if its too much foremilk, have you heard of ways to fix the gassiness from that or just gas drops as needed? She gets so cranky at night from being gassy (and overtired, since she only cat naps during the day).
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    ScarlettVScarlettV member
    edited February 2014
    @imrachellea pumping for a bit before you nurse is one way, but that can get tedious.

Try starting her on the same breast she last finished with so she can empty it (and don't try to have her eat from both unless she is still hungry). The gripe water after she eats is great too.

If you're having over active letdown too, try feeding her while lying back with her resting on your tummy; side lying works too. I have to unlatch LO after my letdown because milk literally sprays out for a few seconds; I let it stop then relatch him otherwise he gets full too fast.

Sorry that was long, hah! My BFF had too teach me all this and it really helps

• Options
    ScarlettV said:

ChiAmy said:

I let LO stay in his car seat sometimes too when he falls asleep after we get home.

I also let DD stay sleeping in the car seat when we get home but now I'm paranoid after reading this article last week. (Loss mentioned in article)

https://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/711452?mobile_direct=y
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Check for a wrapped hair around fingers or toes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thank you guys for all the advice.  So we bought gas drops and gave them to her.  About two hours later she had the biggest poopy diaper we have seen and then went silent.  Now we have a happy back to normal baby!

• Options
    LP0198 said:

ScarlettV said:

ChiAmy said:

I also let DD stay sleeping in the car seat when we get home but now I'm paranoid after reading this article last week. (Loss mentioned in article)

https://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/711452?mobile_direct=y

The loss is heartbreaking, of course, but this article is from 2006 and they never say what caused the death. I feel like if it was really caused by the carseat, we would have heard more about it. I thought it was weird that it made the rounds on FB last week.

OP- gas drops saved our sanity for a few weeks when LO was really really gassy. I've also heard the probiotics help. Of course, a call to the pedi may put your mind at ease.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"