June 2013 Moms

How much...?

BC&LMBC&LM member
edited February 2014 in June 2013 Moms
One of the FFFC today has me wondering if I am a huge cheapskate when it comes to clothes and accessories. So I was wondering, other than your wedding attire, what is the most you have ever spent on a single item of clothing or an accessory (purse, belt, shoes, etc.) 

How much...? 192 votes

Less than $50
3% 6 votes
$50-100
19% 38 votes
$101-150
17% 34 votes
$151-200
14% 27 votes
$201-300
17% 33 votes
$301-400
8% 17 votes
$401-500
4% 9 votes
$501-1000
6% 13 votes
$1001-2000
4% 8 votes
More than $2000
3% 7 votes

Re: How much...?

• I think the most I ever spent on one item was somewhere between $101-150, maybe slightly less.  That was probably for a party dress or a really nice purse. 
  • Loading the player...
  • $149 on a pair of Nine West boots back when I was a shoe snob and pre kids. Now I can't even get myself to spend more than $20 on a pair of jeans.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I can't really remember either - I think probably a Kate Spade purse at an Outlet, and even thinking about that I used all my birthday money so does it count if it was sort of a present?  Hubby and I have an "allowance" system where we both get a certain amount of money to spend however we want each month. Right now I'm pulling a certain amount of money out of that each month to save for some nice stacking rings - I want a stacking ring for each birthstone in the family - and I'd like it to be quality.  So once I have someday saved enough, that will definitely be the most expensive I've bought :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I spent closer to $300 on a party dress. 

Shark Attack!!

photo IMG_20130912_203149_226_zpsa547059c.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• WasNotWas said:
    When we were DINK I'd say most of my wardrobe fell into the $101-150 range
    I agree that it has changed for me too since we are no longer DINK. It probably also helps that I don't want to spend that much on clothes for myself since I am still about 10 pounds over pre baby weight. My diaper bag was a splurge and that was probably the most I have spent on myself after not being DINK.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • $300 on a dress for a dance in high school. Looking back on that it was so stupid of me lol
    image imageimageimage
  • I can't really remember either - I think probably a Kate Spade purse at an Outlet, and even thinking about that I used all my birthday money so does it count if it was sort of a present?  Hubby and I have an "allowance" system where we both get a certain amount of money to spend however we want each month. Right now I'm pulling a certain amount of money out of that each month to save for some nice stacking rings - I want a stacking ring for each birthstone in the family - and I'd like it to be quality.  So once I have someday saved enough, that will definitely be the most expensive I've bought :)
    This except Coach.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Believe me, I'm not buying Louis Vuitton purses everyday, or every year for that matter. Handbags are my guilty pleasure and I collect them so to speak. I have a large collection. I used to buy handbags frequently when I was employed and not a mom but since having the boys, we spend our money on them. My husband talked awhile ago about buying me something nice as he feels that I made a huge sacrifice giving up my career to stay at home with the kids. I mentioned buying myself a new purse and he laughed as he is frugal and isn't an fan of spending large amounts of money on stuff like that. Hopefully he doesn't get angry when he sees it- or looks at our online banking and sees the recent transaction.
    No judgment here!  Sometimes I wish I would just let go and buy something that nice for myself.
  • I spent 350$ on Louboutin flats. I wore them once prior to getting pregnant. My feet grew while I was pregnant and now I can't wear them. 

...Anyone looking for some designer flats, size 8.5? I'm seriously entertaining all offers. lol

image image
    imageimage
  • LBeez13 said:

WasNotWas said:
    When we were DINK I'd say most of my wardrobe fell into the $101-150 range
    I agree that it has changed for me too since we are no longer DINK. It probably also helps that I don't want to spend that much on clothes for myself since I am still about 10 pounds over pre baby weight. My diaper bag was a splurge and that was probably the most I have spent on myself after not being DINK.

I keep convincing myself that once I lose this weight I will start buying investment pieces again...probably not gonna happen (the buying investment pieces, not the losing weight...I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT DAMNIT)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • $101-$150 and that is on my running shoes. I can't imagine spending $2000 on one thing. I could buy myself a new wardrobe with that. Shoot, I could buy myself, H, and all 3 kids a new wardrobe with that.
    Samesies. Even if I won the lottery I couldn't bear to drop money on stuff like that. I like the deal hunt and I rarely buy new things (except good running shoes). It even stresses me out if DH buys me a gift that I know he paid full price for. He got me gloves for Christmas and I nearly asked if he used a Kohl's coupon to get them. It's just not my thing.

• It was either $100 or $115...it was a dress for a dance.

imageimageimage

• I think the most I've spent is close to $150 on running shoes.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I have a few Louis vuitton pieces.
    We def. Can't afford it all the time, ESP now without me working, but a few years ago my husband and I were in Vegas and he took me to LV and told me to pick something out. It was his gift to me for not getting me Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, or anniversary giftsforthe several years, which I was ok with. Since then, I've collected a few pieces here and there.

• I didn't include winter coats (Canada y'all - you invest in those!) Or performance gowns. Normally, not more than 150 on items...even that's pushing it!

• Oh! I just remembered! When we were in Italy last year I bought a really nice leather purse at an Italian leather school in the basement of a church.  That sounds sketchy but it was this really cool place - they've been making leather goods for over a hundred years and they provided jobs for people during WWII and stuff.  There are pictures of all these celebrities holding purses they bought there.  Anyways, I had saved up and wanted to buy a nice Italian leather purse, and this place had the softest leather and best made purses I'd ever seen.  No name brand but super nice.  If I converted it from euros to $s, it was about $400.  Too late to change my vote though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @numbersgirl08 in the church that's in the Santa Croce plaza in Florence? I know they had a leather school and store in the basement of that church. I lived right by there for the summer when I was 16 with my family!

• I am jealous of you ladies with DHs who take you shopping or try to get you to splurge. We are living on a pretty tight budget now, but even if we weren't, it just would never occur to DH. He hates shopping. He bought me a lovely sapphire necklace when we were dating and then the matching earrings as a wedding present, but other than that I don't think he's ever spent more than $30 on a gift for me. Obviously it's not something that's important to me, but I'm still a bit jealous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @calikat80 Yup, that's the place!  It was really cool!
  • CL8badB said:
    I have those! I also get all of my red soles covered so that they don't get all scratched and turn white. I also can't stand when celebrities have scratched up red soles! Fix them! Lol

How much did your feet grow? Maybe you can have them stretched.

Also, try eBay!

I tried ebay, twice and online garage sales. I originally wanted 250, and finally went down to 100...but no biters :( I'm just done with these shoes. I don't want to put in another penny for them. I plan on getting pregnant again, so who knows how big my feet will get then. lol

image image
    imageimage
  • also want to add that I'm not a brand junky, the only expensive pair of shoes I had was those louboutins.

However, I do like well made handbags (Prada, Kate Spade, Coach), and will buy them gently used at consignment shops, but, I haven't spent more than 100$ for one. 

image image
    imageimage
  • I've spent around $350 on a MK purse. I wouldn't be able to do that again while not working and having LO. I still use it sometimes. I also used to spend a lot of money on jeans but I don't care about clothes like I used too.
  • Nix55Nix55 member
    My husband spoils me...but we've cut back. I love Chanel jewelry, Kate Spade, and Michael Kors for handbags. Most of my pieces are in the $400 range. The most expensive one is a $1300 necklace.
  • If anyone wants a size 41 pair of sky high loubs I'll sell them for the low low. I've never worn them and probably never will. I have them in black and teal.

If you don't get any takers, sell them on The RealReal.

• kelseypie said:

Baby carriers are among my most expensive purchases lol.

This! I have a kokadi that was $185. The only thing I have that was as expensive was a pair of Uggs that were $200. I do have a coach purse that was normally $450 but got it on super sale in Vegas for $143. I was proud of me :)

• I have some things that were bought for me as presents that were over $200, purses and boots. I don't spend that kind I'd money on myself though, and I need to loose weight so that keeps me from splurging too. I want to spend money on smaller sizes.
  • I have serous love for Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. Those are likely my most expensive items, probably 400 or so dollars. I no longer do Coach and don't find LV bags attractive. I like Kate Spade too. I'd never buy super expensive shoes because I wear down shoes super fast.

• I had a weird has to be brand name to wear or have it phase. As I got older it didn't seem as important to me anymore. I still love coach, Gucci and LV purses I Just don't buy them as often.

Most expensive thing I own clothing or purse wise, Hmmm that would be my Chanel purse at $5,500.

Looks like this
  • I'm sooooo cheap. Other than formal wear (prom/weddings) I don't spend much on clothes. Call me spoiled, but my dad gets me great pieces for my birthday/holidays each year. Other than that I shop Marshalls/TJ Maxx and Kohls, sometimes Target. Shoes are probably my high cost items, but even then I set my limit under $50.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"